Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on adoption.

What paperwork have you kept?

(4 Posts)
YouAreMyRain Thu 05-May-16 20:46:19

I am trying to Konmari/declutter and I don't know what to keep in terms of adoption paperwork.

I'm quite sure I have kept every single piece of paper that SS gave us blush

Can anyone tell me what is essential to keep? I am planning on keeping the court paperwork and the CPR but will it be useful to keep anything else like minutes of matching meeting, our assessment report, adoption placement plan etc? Maybe for the DC when they are older? Or will SS have a copy of all that if they really want to see it?

I am drowning in paperwork and need some advice, thanks.

ChocolateJam Fri 06-May-16 05:56:18

Hi Rain. I can't answer your question but just wondering how you and your DC are?

YouAreMyRain Fri 06-May-16 07:01:28

Hi Chocolate, don't want to tempt fate but things are relatively <whispers> calm.

DD1 finishes her Camhs psychotherapy in July. DD2 (ADHD diagnosed now) is going through a bit of a rough patch, emotionally unsettled, angry, missing birth family "hating" me etc. PAS are going to work with her in the summer (after DD 1 finishes Camhs) including DDP so I'm hopeful about that.

ExH is still an arse and has reduced his contact with the girls by 40% - he lied and said he was "working away mon-fri for six months" which I knew was a lie and has since been proven - twice! He also hit DD1 around the head during contact- I did a safeguarding referral to SS, they did nothing.

NeatandTidyTidyandNeat Fri 06-May-16 17:14:28

I kept all the paper relating to LO - CPR, foster family diary, other BF or court confidential info, everything medical, and obviously all papers belonging to LO like letterbox letters and later life letters.

I ditched (shredded and burned) all the paper relating to our own assessment apart from the final report to panel.

I kept the minutes from intros planning meeting because they document PAS responsibilities and I might need to encourage them to follow through grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now