Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on adoption.

My daughter has probably been sexually abused

(6 Posts)
ThisIsNotARealAvo Thu 21-Apr-16 17:39:08

I have 2 AC aged 6 and 8. My daughter is 6 and they've been with us nearly a year. Recently I found out through SW that one of her siblings who lives elsewhere has disclosed that my daughter was sexually abused by a friend of the BD. We knew this was a possibility when we first saw the CPR but it's different hearing it in black and white. My daughter hasn't said anything about it but does display sexualised behaviour. I don't know what to do. I want her to be able to tell me but I don't want to make her talk about it if she's not ready. Also my 8 year old probably knows about it and is very angry about his past. Any experiences to share gratefully received.

rewardformissingmojo Thu 21-Apr-16 22:46:10

Hi, I'm so sorry, how heartbreaking. no experience here, but Bumping for you.

fasparent Thu 21-Apr-16 23:26:35

Would ask social worker too fastrack through after adoption referal too CAMHS
Child Psycologist ,
Other way's, referal too community paediatrition , or GP Referal.
Would think she would be displaying acute attatchment disorder so would need
3rd party intervention's and advice.
The new After Adoption Support Fund is now in place LA has a legal responsibility too support you and your child see www.first4adoption.org.uk for details of fund.

ThisIsNotARealAvo Fri 22-Apr-16 06:41:43

Thank you. CAMHS where we are is rubbish but I will try to get a referral. Her attachment is ok and we do have theraplay already and for the foreseeable. But I will see whether the fund can supply anything else. Thanks again

MypocketsarelikeNarnia Fri 22-Apr-16 07:47:02

This must be so tough to hear flowers.

Regarding talking with her about it can theraplay be your friend? I wouldn't simply broach it but I agree that you can't ignore it so either through theraplay or as fasparent suggests through CAHMS?

And how are you going to process it? You might need a few sessions yourself. I know I probably would. Don't just keep on keeping on with something like this.

Mama1980 Fri 22-Apr-16 08:15:02

Sadly I have experience of a similar issue with my dd I'll talk about how I/she dealt with it if it may help, but not on a public board, am happy to pm you if that would be OK?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now