Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on adoption.

Medical

(5 Posts)
Jrs73 Sat 23-Jan-16 13:35:15

Dear All. My partner and I are going through the process of preparing for adoption. We have a medical next week and are wondering what to expect. We are healthy and fairly fit (BMI within normal limits) but have been asked to book two dates at the GP and been informed that a urine test may be required (for what I do not know). Does this sound like the norm? Many thanks.

MrsH1989 Sat 23-Jan-16 14:18:42

Yes sounds normal. You have to see the nurse to do blood pressure and bmi etc. The doc goes through medical history with you. We did ours on the same day but it took a while.

NigelLikesSalad Sat 23-Jan-16 19:42:36

DH and I did ours back to back. Mine took about 40 minutes as Dr hadn't seen the form before. DH took about 20 and they whizzed through. I don't remember doing urine samples but I think that's pretty routine.

thefamilyvonstrop Sat 23-Jan-16 20:39:28

Yes, all normal. We had to do a urine sample too. It was a full medical, so breast check, ears, weight, lifestyle etc. It takes about an hour from memory.
Ask the doctor how / when they will return the forms to the LA so you don't end up twiddling your thumbs while waiting for info to be sent while it languishes on a desk somewhere.

mydutifullaunderette Mon 25-Jan-16 10:26:54

Also be prepared you may well need to pay for the medical - the doctor or receptionist should be able to let you know how much. I think urine test was to do with diabetes, although it was a long time ago and I might have that wrong!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now