Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on adoption.

School applications - NW England - adopted children

(4 Posts)
drspouse Thu 21-Jan-16 11:40:04

I'm not going to say which LEA we're in on here but if you are doing school applications or did them last year online and you are in the NW of England would you be willing to PM me your LEA?

I have a specific question about procedure and the LEA helpline told me something which isn't actually how their website works so I'd be really interested to hear if anyone else has gone through it already.

(yes I've submitted it according to how the website works but it's not how they told me it works for adopted children! aaargh!)

tethersend Sat 23-Jan-16 11:58:11

I'm not exactly who you're looking for, but I might be able to help if you'd like to PM me the details? smile

ButtonMoonLoon Sat 23-Jan-16 12:38:58

I submitted the application using the online system, including the information that my child is adopted. I then emailed them a copy of the adoption order as per our local procedures.

Best thing to do is to call your school admissions team directly - as much as others experiences might be interesting the procedures can vary slightly from one area to another.

drspouse Sat 23-Jan-16 14:12:08

I have called the admissions team, who told me "tick yes to adopted and indicate X in section Y", there is no section Y.
I assume the electronic form is the same in all areas of our LEA (though maybe the area team instructions aren't) so wanted to find out if and when others were contacted for further information and if so when.
Procedures are different in each LEA and I have one adopter friend in our LEA who hasn't been contacted about their application yet, but I was kind of wondering if there was anyone else.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now