Talk

Advanced search

Chalk Paint

(12 Posts)
Kewcumber Wed 06-Jan-16 19:05:19

Yes chalk paint.

Devora and Kristina (and anyone else who is even slightly interested...)

I've bought a tester of chalk paint to try on my fireplace.

Now I actually have to open the pot and try it... watch this space.

OP’s posts: |
Hels20 Wed 06-Jan-16 20:49:46

Are you going to post pictures?!!

Devora Wed 06-Jan-16 22:15:29

YES!!!!

What colour/brand?

Have you got the wallpaper up yet?

I recommend Rust-oleum matt varnish over the top, if you don't need an ultra-matt finish.

Devora Wed 06-Jan-16 22:18:45

I have a very pleasing thread going on over in Home Decoration about how to redecorate dd1's room.

And I have requisitioned dp's study as My Room (given that I can't get into the bedroom for all her frocks) and hope to paint it in the next few days.

I'm on a roll. Do you think we need an adopters-with-paintbrushes thread?

Kewcumber Wed 06-Jan-16 22:56:22

Funnily enough Devora it is Rustoleum. I picked it up whilst I was getting a new lock this evening - having snapped my key off in my front door lock at 5.30pm. [sigh emoticon]

Kewcumber Wed 06-Jan-16 22:57:31

There may well be pictures but probably can't have a bash until the weekend.

There are a million things that need doing first (eg the washing) why am I painting a fireplace? confused

Devora Wed 06-Jan-16 22:58:22

I saw your poor key on FB! How did you get in?

Oh, and you are painting a fireplace because it is Deeply Therapeutic. Trust me.

Kewcumber Wed 06-Jan-16 22:58:38

Colour is appropriately "chalk white" don;t need especially matt finish so will consider varnish.

Still not convinced one way or the other about wallpaper...

Kewcumber Wed 06-Jan-16 22:59:04

I got in by being a cunning little divil

Kewcumber Wed 06-Jan-16 23:00:57

there was about a 2/3mm slot left (the rest being full of key), using another key I managed to get enough of a key in to twist it open (as the correct key was in there it did open).

Then I took the lock apart from inside, locked the door using the second deadlock and bought a new cylinder bit from B&Q. To much swearing and cursing.

Kewcumber Wed 06-Jan-16 23:02:20

I fel the fireplace won;t take too long and I hate it so thats why I'm doing it - the burgundy gloss paint is meanwhile sitting poking its tongue out at me.

Plumber coming in to look at the leaky bath, dripping shower and non-stop filling toilet.

I tell you I'm on a roll.

Devora Wed 06-Jan-16 23:31:31

The burgundy gloss paint has to go.

Oh look, my cat is coughing up a furball. Do yours do that? Effing disgusting.

I have three toilets (fgs) and the toilet seats are hanging off two of them because one or more of my evil children keeps bouncing on them. I only replaced them a few months ago. I find home maintenance very wearing on the nerves - shouldn't one have staff for that sort of thing?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in