Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on adoption.

Chalk Paint

(12 Posts)
Kewcumber Wed 06-Jan-16 19:05:19

Yes chalk paint.

Devora and Kristina (and anyone else who is even slightly interested...)

I've bought a tester of chalk paint to try on my fireplace.

Now I actually have to open the pot and try it... watch this space.

Hels20 Wed 06-Jan-16 20:49:46

Are you going to post pictures?!!

Devora Wed 06-Jan-16 22:15:29

YES!!!!

What colour/brand?

Have you got the wallpaper up yet?

I recommend Rust-oleum matt varnish over the top, if you don't need an ultra-matt finish.

Devora Wed 06-Jan-16 22:18:45

I have a very pleasing thread going on over in Home Decoration about how to redecorate dd1's room.

And I have requisitioned dp's study as My Room (given that I can't get into the bedroom for all her frocks) and hope to paint it in the next few days.

I'm on a roll. Do you think we need an adopters-with-paintbrushes thread?

Kewcumber Wed 06-Jan-16 22:56:22

Funnily enough Devora it is Rustoleum. I picked it up whilst I was getting a new lock this evening - having snapped my key off in my front door lock at 5.30pm. [sigh emoticon]

Kewcumber Wed 06-Jan-16 22:57:31

There may well be pictures but probably can't have a bash until the weekend.

There are a million things that need doing first (eg the washing) why am I painting a fireplace? confused

Devora Wed 06-Jan-16 22:58:22

I saw your poor key on FB! How did you get in?

Oh, and you are painting a fireplace because it is Deeply Therapeutic. Trust me.

Kewcumber Wed 06-Jan-16 22:58:38

Colour is appropriately "chalk white" don;t need especially matt finish so will consider varnish.

Still not convinced one way or the other about wallpaper...

Kewcumber Wed 06-Jan-16 22:59:04

I got in by being a cunning little divil

Kewcumber Wed 06-Jan-16 23:00:57

there was about a 2/3mm slot left (the rest being full of key), using another key I managed to get enough of a key in to twist it open (as the correct key was in there it did open).

Then I took the lock apart from inside, locked the door using the second deadlock and bought a new cylinder bit from B&Q. To much swearing and cursing.

Kewcumber Wed 06-Jan-16 23:02:20

I fel the fireplace won;t take too long and I hate it so thats why I'm doing it - the burgundy gloss paint is meanwhile sitting poking its tongue out at me.

Plumber coming in to look at the leaky bath, dripping shower and non-stop filling toilet.

I tell you I'm on a roll.

Devora Wed 06-Jan-16 23:31:31

The burgundy gloss paint has to go.

Oh look, my cat is coughing up a furball. Do yours do that? Effing disgusting.

I have three toilets (fgs) and the toilet seats are hanging off two of them because one or more of my evil children keeps bouncing on them. I only replaced them a few months ago. I find home maintenance very wearing on the nerves - shouldn't one have staff for that sort of thing?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now