Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on adoption.

Facebook page

(5 Posts)
BadFrog Sat 19-Dec-15 22:17:46

To keep a long story short.. I today came across a Facebook page (it came onto my newsfeed because a friend had liked it) giving details/photos of a baby who in the page creators words "had been snatched by SS's for adoption". It contained the first name of the baby plus photos.. a quick search revealed the names and surname of the parents plus the LA involved and more photos. I was fostered for many years so understand a bit about adoption and how SS's work... would you try contacting the LA if you were me, just report to facebook or do nothing? I'm worried because that information together makes the baby very identifiable

GodMother78 Sat 19-Dec-15 22:20:48

I think it needs being bought to attention due the safety of the child and their adoptive parents

Italiangreyhound Sat 19-Dec-15 22:25:22

Yes, please do report it.

BadFrog Sat 19-Dec-15 22:28:38

So should I contact the LA involved (anonymously) or just report it through facebook? Appears that the adoption was very recent

GodMother78 Sun 20-Dec-15 07:15:08

If the local authority is on it report it to them. Facebook are not the best at closing down things like this

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now