Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on adoption.

I met my son today

(83 Posts)
MintyLizzy9 Wed 02-Dec-15 17:24:01

gringringringringrin

3 months ago I was convinced it would be a long time before I got this lucky and was dreading another Christmas without my child being home.

Today has made all the totally shit days, weeks and months all worth while.

Added bonus is he actually seemed to like me and made numerous demands for toe eating and tower building!

Can't wait for tomorrow but until then it's wine o'clock

CheeseAtFourpence Wed 02-Dec-15 19:20:11

Congratulations flowers. How absolutely lovely for Christmas smile

Italiangreyhound Wed 02-Dec-15 19:28:09

Minty wow, congratulations grin wink thanks smile fabulous grin wink thanks smile grin wink thanks smile grin wink thanks smile grin wink thanks smile amazing grin wink thanks smile grin wink thanks smile grin wink thanks smile how great grin wink thanks smile grin wink thanks smile grin wink thanks smile grin wink thanks smile terrific grin wink thanks smile grin wink thanks smile grin wink thanks smile grin wink thanks smile

sarahlux Wed 02-Dec-15 19:55:30

Aww wow that's fab.
Amazing feeling isn't it.

Xx

Hels20 Wed 02-Dec-15 20:05:02

Lovely news and how exciting!

freshoutofluck Wed 02-Dec-15 22:17:10

Congratulations! Try and pace yourself through intros - easier said than done grin

MintyLizzy9 Thu 03-Dec-15 06:13:20

I was in bed by 730 last night!! It was my first proper sleep in a fortnight! Might have to get used to that wink

He was amazing, when foster carer opened the front door there he was swinging off the stair gate grinning his little face off! He gave my picture (from pre intros) a kiss a couple of times but that didnt make my cry...nosiree not me. He kept pointing to pics of his new grandparents as well and doing a little squeak and dance that was so sweet, can't wait for him to finally meet them.

I only had 3 hours but about an hour in he has gibbering away to me, head butting kissing me and bringing his toys over for a play.

We get to go out with foster carer this morning if it's not piddling down, can't tell you how excited I am grin

Also slightly terrified at the prospect of being mummy to a hooligan spirited almost two year old grin grin

Mama1980 Thu 03-Dec-15 08:40:41

Huge congratulations!
grinthanksoh and brewbrewbrewwinkgrin

arielmanto Thu 03-Dec-15 10:24:38

oh minty this has made me smile so much! I'm so excited and pleased for you - it's always good to hear about the endless wait finally being over grin hope today is wonderful x

Devora Thu 03-Dec-15 13:01:46

Oh, what a wonderful post! So happy for you!

Sillyshell Thu 03-Dec-15 13:11:54

Sounds amazing, I am so happy and excited for you!! We are have our first home study meeting next week and posts like this reassure me that we are doing the right thing and it's all going to be worth it so thank you smile

LuckyBitches Thu 03-Dec-15 14:11:21

As a potential adopter I find this post really encouraging! smile

MintyLizzy9 Thu 03-Dec-15 15:01:50

Day two update...ladies and gents cancel your gym memberships because 2 hours of toddler soft play over 3 floors high is like bootcamp!

He actually looked pleased to see me arrive this morning and came trotting over in his little dressing gown for a cuddle grin

We had a ball at soft play, lots of giggles and chasing around and even a few cuddles when he was getting tired.

Can't wait for tomorrow!

slkk Thu 03-Dec-15 17:12:44

so happy for you, Minty. I can't believe how quickly this has all happened from your early thread worrying about his age! Good luck and do come back and tell us how things are going!

MintyLizzy9 Thu 03-Dec-15 17:47:34

I know sllk it's been a whirlwind all right!!

I get to untroduce him to my parents on Sunday (I'm single so SW suggested a little low key hello as they will be actively involved) and they are beside themselves! I've been warning them that they may have to wait a while so it's was a lovely surprise. I think I may have over done the we need to take it slow chats though as they asked so can we come over and speak to him in the park grin

GirlsWhoWearGlasses Thu 03-Dec-15 19:05:25

Such wonderful news - congratulations! Glad to hear things are going so well.

Kewcumber Fri 04-Dec-15 11:51:51

Congratulations - its such an exhausting but exciting time. My mum was introduced to DS after about 3 weeks and has been pretty involved ever since. Also a single adopter.

MintyLizzy9 Fri 04-Dec-15 20:02:59

I. Am. Knackered!

First full day down, breakfast, lunch, dinner, bath and bed! He is bloomin amazing and seems to have taken to me like a duck to water, long may it continue! He's coming home for a few hours tomorrow, foster carer dropping him off in the morning, can't believe he will finally be here, then only 3 sleeps until he is home for good gringringrin

HaveAWeeNap Sat 05-Dec-15 00:36:52

What a lovely lovely post!
Congratulations.
We are six months in now with our two year old and can still vividly remember his wee face during intros.
Thank you for sharing your journey with us. Brings back great memories for some of us and gives faith and hope to those who are on their way.

NigelLikesSalad Sat 05-Dec-15 09:36:24

Sounds like it's going amazingly. Those last couple of nights before the big day seem to take forever yet the time in the day flies by. We are about two weeks before grannies came and said a very quick hello, LO slept through the visits so completely oblivious but it was a very special time smile to have him home for Christmas will be so, so special. Congratulations smile

NigelLikesSalad Sat 05-Dec-15 09:36:52

We *were about two weeks, not *are

MintyLizzy9 Sun 06-Dec-15 20:21:08

Lost count of what day I'm on...but all is good. My boy has spent the last couple of days at home with me and sleeping at his foster carers at night....soooo hard just not putting him to bed at home but wrapping him up in his little pjs to drive across town sad it makes it a little easier when he gets all smiley and giggling when we walk up their path.

There have been a couple of tantrums but so short lived they are amusing, probably because it's a novelty...ask me again in 6 weeks! He's not really talking yet but will have an enthusiastic 'debate' every time he's told no/stop that/get down/get out of that/ don't eat that/pleeeease eat this gringringrin

I feel about 30 years older than last week and my back is jigged, he's cute as hell but is heavier than a sack of spuds, but I've never felt happier!

Now, mama needs wine and a soak grinwine

MintyLizzy9 Tue 08-Dec-15 21:16:59

Aaaaand he's home for good! Went straight into his cot at bedtime and not a peep out of him...unless you count the 3 minutes he spent telling his teddies about his day before passing out, bum in the air and snoring grin

NigelLikesSalad Tue 08-Dec-15 21:22:26

Oh bless. Congratulations, that's amazing news. It's an amazing feeling. Collecting LO in the morning is just such a surreal and often abrupt experience, the emotion involved is just so intense, I still cry when I think about it now but that first night.....it's very special smile Merry Christmas .....

Maiyakat Tue 08-Dec-15 21:51:47

Congratulations!! He will sleep all night and you'll be up every half an hour checking he's still breathing wink Enjoy your gorgeous boy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now