Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on adoption.

chronological life events - how much detail?

(5 Posts)
MrsH1989 Wed 25-Nov-15 21:23:14

As the title says really...we starting stage one of our agreement and have pretty much done our family tree, we just need to actually put the 2 sides together on one sheet. I am starting to think about our life events and am wondering how much info is needed for this? Are we talking bullet points with a sentence or 2, or more like a paragraph on each?
Should we be writing in bullet point at all or more "essay style"?

Many thanks

dibly Wed 25-Nov-15 22:36:50

We did a sentence or two on each, as there's lots of opportunities to relay more info further down the form (if it's anything like ours!). Good luck!

MintyLizzy9 Thu 26-Nov-15 06:43:18

I just did a couple of lines.....your SW will go into ALL the details during home study grin best of luck x

MrsH1989 Thu 26-Nov-15 07:23:08

thanks, we dont have a form yet so maybe we will have to wait to do it until we see SW next month.

MintyLizzy9 Thu 26-Nov-15 08:17:34

It feels like a life time ago but actually it's just over a 18 months since I did mine...but from memory my LA gave me a template and an example of a completed one to give an idea of level of detail. Things like each time you moved house and why, each school you went to through to all your jobs and reasons for changing plus of course any family based things such as deaths of any significant people, relationships etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now