Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on adoption.

Later in life letter

(2 Posts)
Bringonthesunshineplease Fri 31-Jul-15 20:58:31

Hi all. I'm reviewing the draft later in life letter for our child of 4 years. I'm very unimpressed with the lack if info and warmth. We are allowed to provide feedback and I would love to get a feel for what level of detail should it include and for any parents who have children of the age where they have read their letters what sorty of things their child felt was missed or could have been explained better. Hope its ok to ask. It seems a long way off right now when our child will be reading it, but it will be here before we know it and I want our child to feel it covers as much as possible the facts and give the info they would want to know.
Also should it include any informantion about how the child settled with their adoptive family and if there were positive changes/ they settled quickly seemed happy or smilar?
TIA

floatyjosmum Fri 31-Jul-15 22:27:00

It should contain information on BP - name, age, history, family,looks, likes.
Their story - at home, in foster care etc.
If siblings then about then, if separated then why.
It should also have all their basic info such as time and weight at birth etc along with little nice bits about time they spent with the sw.
They should be aimed for the mid teen years so will contain quote a lot of info and be quote lengthy.
They are usually quite a hard read

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now