Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on adoption.

Inside out

(10 Posts)
Daisiemoo Sat 25-Jul-15 20:05:48

Just watched the trailer on sky. Wondered if anyone had taken their children to see it? Do you think it would help then associate with their emotions??

Devora Sat 25-Jul-15 22:19:15

I've wondered that too. Just a little highjack, can anyone recommend anything good to read on dissociation?

Kewcumber Sat 25-Jul-15 23:31:22

I watched it yesterday. Sobbed all the way through the second half blush

I thought it was actually very helpful - the analogy (in DS's case) of having anger in charge and things going wrong he identified with and unprompted said "Oooh thats just like me!"

I think I will refer back to it over the next few weeks.

It even had a kind of neural pathway going on which I might actually talk to him about - putting down new pathways and using them to make them strong.

if my "dissociation" you mean being in complete denial about situations like anger or doing things wrong - then I could probably write a book for you?

TongueBiter Sat 25-Jul-15 23:34:31

I thought it would make a few excellent starting points for discussions about emotions - and can help children realise what/why they're feeling.

Just as an aside though - and maybe relevant(?) - both Riley's parents had brown eyes and she had blue .... Pretty sure that can't happen?

Brandysnapper Sat 25-Jul-15 23:35:47

My ds has blue eyes and ours are brown.

Kewcumber Sun 26-Jul-15 00:27:46

WEll yes Brandysnapper thats probably true of a few of us in adoption grin

I'm guessing they're your birth child though?!

Pretty straight forward though tongue biter as both parents could carry a blue eyed recessive gene each and child inherits both the recessive genes.

Brown eyed child and two blue eyed parents much less common but still possible because genes aren;t quite that simple and you can inherit a "broken" gene which means you don;t produce pigment.

Eye color depends on how much pigment is in the eye. A lot of pigment gives brown, some gives green and little or no gives blue.

Iggi999 Sun 26-Jul-15 09:32:32

Yes sorry Kew blush just replying to Tonguebiter as I had thought that myself before he arrived!

Iggi999 Sun 26-Jul-15 09:33:21

..and can't even remember name changes! (Think I'll go back to bed)

PheasantPlucker Sun 26-Jul-15 09:42:50

Thanks all - will def take dd2

Daisiemoo Sun 26-Jul-15 20:03:16

Just found this on Facebook

www.momendeavors.com/2015/06/printable-emotions-sorting-game-disney-pixar-inside-out.html

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now