Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on adoption.

Nervous

(27 Posts)
sarahlux Wed 22-Jul-15 08:57:50

Yikes!!! We have a child's social worker coming to visit us today about a potential match.

The house has been redecorated and scrubbed from top bottom.

Feel like we have the most important job interview of our lives.

Nervous and excited all rolled into one!!!

Tangerineandturquoise Wed 22-Jul-15 09:22:34

Good Luck
But just relax as well- if your house is done up to the nines they will struggle to see children in it, just present a tidied up version of how you live.
They obviously like you or they wouldn't be coming out for a visit smile

bellecurly Wed 22-Jul-15 13:00:24

Good luck remember being the same!

MyPreciousRing Wed 22-Jul-15 15:52:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

sarahlux Wed 22-Jul-15 20:41:45

Seemed to go well smile. Our SW said it seemed positive and we should find out tomorow.

I think it may be a long evening!!!

MyPreciousRing Wed 22-Jul-15 21:53:57

Ellengriswold Thu 23-Jul-15 00:05:18

Hi Sarahlux. We had a meeting today regarding a potential match and it went well. We will find out in a few days if we are moving forward. It did feel like the most important interview ever, just remember the question "why do you want his job?". Convert that to "why this child/these children?" and that's the question that was hardest for me to answer in words IYSWIM. Have a few ideas of how to answer that.
And relax.... It was ok.

Ellengriswold Thu 23-Jul-15 00:07:37

Sorry didn't read whole thread ! So glad everything went well. Lots of fingers being crossed all round :-)

Amy106 Thu 23-Jul-15 00:09:55

I remember that feeling so well even though it is many years ago. I am sure it will all work out great. Good luck and best wishes!flowers

sarahlux Thu 23-Jul-15 08:21:41

Yes it did feel like the most important job interview ever.
It seemed to go well I think.

The things I thought they would bring up they didn't. Mine and my partners age has been brought up a few times by different social workers so I thought that may have come up but it never.

The child is still a baby and due to birth family there is a bit of uncertinaty about her future. They asked us why we would choose a child like that when we have the choice to pick a "perfect" child. That was the question I found the hardest.

MyPreciousRing Thu 23-Jul-15 11:05:24

sarahlux Thu 23-Jul-15 11:33:47

It's a yes ������������

FlamingPie Thu 23-Jul-15 11:35:02

Congratulations! Exciting times ahead!

Stepawayfromthezebras Thu 23-Jul-15 11:39:30

How wonderful! Congratulations smile flowers

MyPreciousRing Thu 23-Jul-15 11:51:03

sarahlux Thu 23-Jul-15 12:18:25

Thanks smile

Not quite sure how we feel at the moment. Seems like we have been waiting a long time for this (although not as long as some people).

Been plenty of times we have thought it would never happen. She seems so perfect

MrsDeVere Thu 23-Jul-15 12:26:37

Ellengriswold Thu 23-Jul-15 12:38:53

Congratulations!!! So happy for you. What is next? Timescales? You may not want to post too much detail obvs.
We have the call tomorrow. I have to stop jumping at every ping the phone makes!

sarahlux Thu 23-Jul-15 14:41:27

We have to meet up with medical advisor and the child's social worker and hoping for matching panel in 8 weeks.

Aww good luck. Our SW emailed us the news this morning. He felt that he couldn't cope with out excitement too early lol.

MyPreciousRing Thu 23-Jul-15 14:59:15

sarahlux Fri 24-Jul-15 17:15:35

They don't mess around!! We have a date for matching panel!!

Raeray Fri 24-Jul-15 17:18:10

Amazing news! Congratulations grin

Ellengriswold Fri 24-Jul-15 18:00:56

Amazing! You must be on cloud nine!
We had a call today and they've narrowed us down to the final 4 couples Now a waiting game for the linking panel (I think that's the term) to decide.
Enjoy this time. You'll never forget it. Big unMNy hug to you and your family.

Daisiemoo Fri 24-Jul-15 18:06:33

Congratulations!! 8 weeks will fly by flowers

Tangerineandturquoise Fri 24-Jul-15 18:06:43

fantastic news.
Really pleased for you.
The 8 weeks may seem like ages, but the paperwork will keep you busy for a few days-and the tidying up- furniture shopping (if you haven't already) making a book or DVD for the little one- choosing and buying the little toy.
Meeting FCs (if you do) the paediatrician it will soon disappear.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now