Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on adoption.

Adoption joke on Xfm this morning

(12 Posts)
AngelsWithSilverWings Tue 21-Jul-15 07:56:24

Apparently a great way to put other kids off at sports day so that your kids have a better chance of winning is to shout out "you're adopted" or "he's not your real Dad"

Listening to this rubbish while eating breakfast with my two adopted children this morning hmm

MyPreciousRing Tue 21-Jul-15 09:03:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

JaneDonne Tue 21-Jul-15 09:05:44

sad

Have you told THEM how that feels?

JaneDonne Tue 21-Jul-15 09:06:00

Xfm I mean.

AngelsWithSilverWings Tue 21-Jul-15 09:45:59

No I had a look at Twitter to see if they had an active account for the breakfast show but couldn't find anywhere to comment.

Just ranting on here for now but when I get a mo I may email the show.

Also wondering if I'm just having a sense of humour failure as I suppose they just think it's harmless banter.

We usually have radio 6 on at breakfast time but for some reason my DH had switched to Xfm this morning - bad timing!

gabsdot45 Tue 21-Jul-15 09:47:38

I'd definitely email the show and tell them how offensive that kind of talk is.

Devora Tue 21-Jul-15 12:01:47

It's not harmless. It's not funny. Do email them and let us know what they say.

AngelsWithSilverWings Tue 21-Jul-15 13:08:33

Well I've just found time to email them some "feedback" and have requested a response.

I'll let you know what they say.

selly24 Tue 21-Jul-15 13:15:40

It is not funny. It is cruel and ill-informed. Will be interesting to hear their response band if they attempt to justify/defend the presenter....

mcdog Tue 28-Jul-15 06:52:54

Did you get a response Angels??

Shockers Tue 28-Jul-15 07:05:52

I hate 'jokes' like that. People just don't think sad.

Italiangreyhound Wed 29-Jul-15 12:30:48

Excellent, well done for making a complaint. I think we all need to call them (the radio station/whoever/whatever) whether we are friends of people who say things that are inappropriate or if we are a listener and a consumer, the company needs to respect you and your family/us and our families.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now