Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on adoption.

Stage two timescales

(5 Posts)
ac73 Thu 09-Jul-15 15:26:37

Hello all,
We have just been accepted onto Stage Two. Am I right in thinking that the 4 month timescale should begin now?
If anyone is at the same stage and wants to be my buddy, that would be lovely.
Thank you!

awcws3192 Wed 15-Jul-15 21:51:55

Hi
We've just been accepted onto stage 2 and have three training days booked in august. Had to wait a while for a social worker to get allocated to us but they hope to be able to do this in august too so hoping things get moving soon smile

ac73 Fri 17-Jul-15 00:02:08

Hello, we don't have a social worker yet either. We are also hoping for an August start and have training in September. Are you working full time at the moment?

arielmanto Fri 17-Jul-15 09:34:08

Hi both,

we have just been moved into unofficial stage 2 (DBS taking forever but everything else fine so they've decided to start the home study anyway). we have had a set SW since the start of stage 1, but she is now pregnant and will be leaving weeks after we go to panel!

well, that's if panel actually happens on the date it's set for in early Nov. I understand there's plenty of time in between now and then for that date to slip. am terrified that the SW who knows us well will disappear right at family-finding stage and we will be getting to know a new SW without actually spending any real time with them.

we are both working FT right now to put as much money in the pot as possible, so that I don't have to go back for a year ideally. we have the stage 2 training days in sept too ac73, feels like a long way away but it's not at all really is it!

awcws3192 Tue 21-Jul-15 17:53:24

Hi both
I'm working full time too at the moment. Nice to hear from people at the same stage! Keep in touch!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now