Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on adoption.

Really feeling so very happy

(4 Posts)
Greatt84 Mon 22-Jun-15 19:27:11

I don't know if you remember but I posted a whole back about my fears regarding my husband adopting my daughter. Her bio dad died when she was a baby. Birth family are absolutely poisonous and cruel people and we stopped all contact.

The one thing that terrified me was the SW making contact with them, particularly the paternal grandmother. I did not want to wake a sleeping bear.

Today was our first family assessment and she said she has absolutely no need or intention to make contact with them. She also applauded our choice in keeping our daughter away. She said that contact is for the benefit of the child, And there is no benefit at all.

I feel so relieved. It's a MASSIVE hurdle and now I feel we are totally over that and can look forward to the next assessment and then our court date smile

UnderTheNameOfSanders Mon 22-Jun-15 21:03:37

flowers

Kewcumber Mon 22-Jun-15 22:41:43

I remember it well. Pleased for you. Hope the rest of it goes as smoothly.

Greatt84 Tue 23-Jun-15 07:38:07

Thank you smile She also explained that she will deal with the situation very sensitively because my daughter has no memory of her birth father and she said she doesn't want the process to unsettle her at all. I'm so pleased - she was a LOVELY lady! Very down to earth!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now