Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on adoption.

Matching Meeting

(16 Posts)
MyPreciousRing Fri 24-Apr-15 10:51:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

UnidentifiedSighingObject Fri 24-Apr-15 11:46:17

The meeting to (potentially) agree to a link going to Matching Panel? If so, in our LA, the child's SW, me, my SW and the family finder SW sat down and had a chat. Everyone was fairly well-informed about each other in advance, but it was a chance for me to ask the child's SW questions. At the end of the meeting everyone agrees whether or not to proceed to matching panel, and looks at the possible dates for that (and ideally pencils in possible dates for intros afterwards).

MyPreciousRing Fri 24-Apr-15 16:23:10

UnidentifiedSighingObject Fri 24-Apr-15 16:54:28

Pretty much! It's your chance to get info from the SW who (hopefully) knows the LO best, so have your questions ready smile

MyPreciousRing Fri 24-Apr-15 17:48:21

Italiangreyhound Fri 24-Apr-15 18:43:58

Same for us, as UnidentifiedSighingObject said. Although we had to go away and think about it, we did for about half an hour and then rang our social worker up at the earliest moment!

Good luck.

odyssey2001 Fri 24-Apr-15 19:42:03

Interesting. We weren't invited to the matching meeting. It took place between our sw, our son's sw and the children's team manager. No idea what was discussed but the result was that we were supported by social services in going to panel for our son.

MyPreciousRing Fri 24-Apr-15 21:47:33

MyPreciousRing Fri 24-Apr-15 21:47:53

UnidentifiedSighingObject Sat 25-Apr-15 20:39:03

I didn't feel grilled in mine - I asked a lot more questions than they did, and so they did most of the talking while I scribbled like mad. They said they were happy, asked if I was happy or wanted more time, and as I didn't (!) then we all got diaries out and booked dates for matching panel and potential intro planning meeting. It was scary because it felt like a big step, but it wasn't like being tested. flowers

(In contrast I was nearly sick with nerves in Matching Panel, even though everyone was really kind!)

MyPreciousRing Sat 25-Apr-15 23:57:24

EatSleepRunRepeat Mon 27-Apr-15 10:36:04

We had our matching meeting last week at our house with our SW, LOs SW and our Family Finder.
It was all really relaxed, we'd written a huge list of questions to go through. We started by going through some of the major points in the CPR and LOs SW was able to add a lot more detail in the natural course of the conversation (answering a lot of the questions we'd come up with).
We then talked about why we felt we'd be a good match for LO. They weren't trying to catch us out, remember the child's SW will have already seen your PAR and if they've come to see you they should already think you're a good match.
Then we showed LOs SW round out house and took her to see the bedroom we were getting ready for LO.

We ended by planning when we could all do Life Appreciation Day and got this in the diary for early May with a view to looking at possible panel dates at a later date. However within an hour of them leaving our SW was back on the phone saying panel was booked for the week after LAD! Took us by surprise a bit but we're buzzing at the prospect of going to MP!

MyPreciousRing Mon 27-Apr-15 11:24:30

Buttonheart Sun 10-May-15 13:30:47

I have no idea how to thank people individually, but this is so interesting! Why did I not find this board sooner?! Thank you for sharing your stories.

I've no idea if we are officially linked with this child. We've read the CPR but haven't got a copy. However the child's social worker, the family finder and our social worker are visiting this week and they did say something about booking a matching panel but that we could still pull out if we wanted. That we had to also meet the foster carers (which is scaring me after what I've read in here!) and the paediatrician.

Has anyone else had this complete lack of clarity on what's going on? I've no idea whether to feel elated, stressed or emotionally vulnerable.

MyPreciousRing Sun 10-May-15 17:24:43

researchbookworm Wed 13-May-15 12:43:26

I think this must be what we are having soon as well, although no-one has called it a matching meeting! I also don't know if we've been officially 'linked' but we've seen the CPR and are meeting LO's SW and the family finder in three weeks time. I'm so in the same boat as you Button re. elated, stressed and emotionally vulnerable! I've also had to tell work about the meeting because it clashed with quite a big work thing which is annoying because I hadn't planned to tell them until I knew if it was definitely going to go our way... This is the furthest we've got in the process so far and I'm so desperate for it to all work out now confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now