Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on adoption.

Free book on Attachment

(8 Posts)
UnderTheNameOfSanders Sat 07-Feb-15 17:28:41

I was in our local branch of Timpson's yesterday (key cutters, shoe fixers etc.)

They had lots of signs up showing what a friendly company they were to work for, e.g. free use of holiday homes for staff, that kind of thing.

Amongst these was a large sign offering a free guide on Attachment for any foster carers or adoptive parents, just ask .

Now, I didn't just ask as I don't need the book so didn't want to deplete their stock, but
a) I wanted to tell all of you about it
b) It seemed a slightly surreal thing to be giving away in a key shop. I'm wondering whether the CEO has adopted or something.

Lilka Sat 07-Feb-15 17:43:10

I didn't realise they were still stocking them!

But yes, Timpson's. As in Edward Timpson MP, Childrens Minister. His parents (his father is the current head of the company) fostered about 90 children and adopted two more, so nowadays the company do things like raising money for charities like After Adoption.

WereJamming Sat 07-Feb-15 18:22:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OddFodd Sat 07-Feb-15 18:25:21

And the employees have all been in prison but Timpson give them proper jobs with proper wages. I always use Timpson's. They're nice people smile

turdfairynomore Sat 07-Feb-15 18:30:28

As a teacher-who has adopted children in my class quite frequently, I'd love this. I've bought a few attachment books myself-I think the name of the author is Louise boomer?- I wonder if I could get a copy??

slkk Sat 07-Feb-15 23:33:37

I bought one from there I think it was £2 or something with proceeds to after adoption. It's a basic little book with lots of pictures but a quick introduction for those who don't have a clue. Most adopters and foster carers would have read more in depth books (if this the same book).

Kewcumber Sun 08-Feb-15 09:17:37

Louise Bomber is the attachment woman.

Never connected Timpsons with Edward Timpson.

PheasantPlucker Sat 14-Feb-15 13:31:23

I was given one of these at an After Adoption event with dd2

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: