Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on adoption.

I am the dating agency of the adoption world <<preen>>;

(70 Posts)
Kewcumber Sat 07-Feb-15 14:41:21

I kindly invited Devora and Hels to my 50th party as they both live close'ish to me and hadn't met. They seemed to quite like each other and I'm very hopeful that they will take their relationship onto the next level.

I am now officially the adoption matchmaker. I am considering setting up in business.

Lilka Sat 07-Feb-15 22:24:23

You know, I reckon there is a gap in the market there! grin There are sites for people in certain jobs, people of certain ages, and certain types of relationships. But I do not think there is a site to link adoptive or foster parents together. Two people, seeking love but also that mutual understanding of trauma that will make it not-an-insurmountable-problem to set up home together along with their children. Fancy explaining attachment, letterbox contact and post adoption support from scratch to a new partner? No? Then sign up to....uh...Kew's new unnamed business!

I can be your social media representative, using my way with words to get your profile raised on various forums, twitter, facebook etc!

Well done Kew!

ps. Are Devora and Hels's DPs involved in this at all, or are you setting them up with each other as well?

And any suggestions for me? - Described by all who know her as 'wierd', this single, 49 year old woman, with depression, a low pay part time job and a set of three interesting children including a highly volatile teenager, seeks new comfort other than wine and chocolate. Cat lovers preferred. Must tolerate Gerbils living in our bedroom, and long walks. No kinky stuff, other than perhaps --. No men. And absolutely no more 'interesting' children to move in with you!! grin

KristinaM Sat 07-Feb-15 22:30:43

< checks in box for party invitation >

< sobs into hankie >

Kewcumber Sat 07-Feb-15 22:33:55

You live too far Away Kristina...

Come and stay and I'll have a party in your honour.

Who cares what their partners think. Their sole role in my scheme is to watch the children whilst my girls bond.

I'm sure I could sort you out Lilka I'm on fire at the moment - but the gerbil might have to go.

Kewcumber Sat 07-Feb-15 22:35:25

It's not really romantic dating that's my game though more like rent-a-friend.

KristinaM Sat 07-Feb-15 23:03:11

Me and Lilka are perfectly matched except for the gerbils . As long as its dark chocolate and red wine

Kew - you will regret saying that as I'm coming down in May

Kewcumber Sat 07-Feb-15 23:42:44

I won't regret it one bit...

KristinaM Sat 07-Feb-15 23:45:35

I'll text you with the dates then grin

Devora Sun 08-Feb-15 01:02:54

We had a great night at Kew's! Kew Jnr was there, smoother than Clooney, offering canapes to the ladies...

Hels is absolutely lovely though terrifyingly glamorous. Definitely competition for Kristina. If I could look like that in an orange shift dress I would die happy.

Looking forward to seeing you in May, Kristina! And Kew, I believe we have a half term date...

Lilka Sun 08-Feb-15 01:25:49

Milk chocolate, Kristina. But definitely red wine.

No! My gerbils are staying!!! They sit on my chest of drawers, looking sweet, scrabbling around and occasionally having an impressive jump-athon. Who couldn't love them??

I could of course start to look ahead for my DS. I mean, it would be irresponsible not to help guide him on his journey to finding love. Hmm...I know from many photos that Kew Jnr is a very handsome lad, and he plays rugby so a tick in the athletics box, and apparently he's also smooth and polite. Tell me Kew Senior, has he shown any interest at all in other boys? grin

KristinaM Sun 08-Feb-15 07:41:42

< snort > at Lilka for matchmaking for kids

And <pah> To wrong chocolate and gerbils

I have met hels and I recall how glamorous she is. But you are not a bad old stick yourself Devora

Hels20 Sun 08-Feb-15 08:05:08

I had such a great time. So lovely to share some war stories!! And Kew - it was £8 back in my Uber! Bargain! The other revelation - apart from not quite believing we were celebrating Kew's 50th and meeting another lovely adoption mumsnetter who looked a decade younger than she claimed to be - was junior Kew! He is so charming, so dapper! Loved what he was wearing and as good looking as you think he is Kew! (And I am still giggling about the cruise ship stories...)

Kewcumber Sun 08-Feb-15 09:14:16

Lilka - he currently thinks that kissing anyone of any sex is rather icky - he is an equal opportunities shudderer so it's a bit hard to tell just now!

Lilka Sun 08-Feb-15 17:18:14

That's good enough for me, I'm playing a long game. There are quite a few children of adoption mnetter in the 8-12 age bracket, so in the event he prefers the female sex, I have other options.

And if you think arranged matches are weird, you just ask yourself this - who would you rather have as your counterpart DM/MIL when your DC finds 'the one'? A random person you don't know...or me. TIA. This is how real interfamily harmony is promoted.

KristinaM Sun 08-Feb-15 18:45:54

We have one handsome and one cute child in the aforementioned age group. But one defo likes girls and the other hasn't any preference yet . Soz

although I do like the sound of a MIL I could eat chocolate and drink wine with ....

Maryz Wed 11-Feb-15 10:05:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Kewcumber Wed 11-Feb-15 10:46:29

My DS does rather have an eye for pretty older women so maybe your DD would fit the bill, Maryz?

He currently has a crush on his new educational psychologist which I'm hoping bodes well for him "engaging" with therapy!

YEs we have actual therapy arranged - starting after half term. shock

Kewcumber Wed 11-Feb-15 10:50:28

whispers very quietly... I have a date on Thursday

WereJamming Wed 11-Feb-15 11:22:24

Kewcumber Wed 11-Feb-15 11:26:40

It's complicated.

And I'm not sure if it's an actual date.

But it is dinner.

With a man.

At a restaurant.

Maryz Wed 11-Feb-15 11:44:23

WereJamming Wed 11-Feb-15 11:44:27

Kewcumber Wed 11-Feb-15 11:51:07

And I'm not paying Jamming - does that count as a date? French restaurant with wine and a babysitter and I'm not paying. It's been so long I'm not quite sure what a date looks like.

Not a new man Maryz. An "old" man.... historical even. Probably my first love even!

I think he may cancel - he's coming a long way.

(Relieved about he not stalking bit though)

Maryz Wed 11-Feb-15 11:59:33

KristinaM Wed 11-Feb-15 12:51:07

This looks like a good thread to boast about DD aged 15

Yesterday she was complaining about one of the girls in her group called Jennifer

" Jennifer is SOOO boring , she just goes on and on about boys . Yesterday she was saying how hot Marcus was and asking me why I didn't fancy him . I told her its because he isn't a very nice person . She said it didn't matter but I told her that it mattered to me "

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now