Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on adoption.

Woohoo awaiting intros!!!

(12 Posts)
Daisiemoo Fri 09-Jan-15 19:44:02

Hurrah hurrah hurrah ��������������������������������������������
Eeeeek slightly excited!!!
We start intros with soon. Just had to share as I could cartwheel around the living room!!
It's been a year since we were approved, nearly 2 years since we made "that" phone call.
I just need to ask the more experienced, at what point did you have your planning meeting??

NanaNina Fri 09-Jan-15 19:55:16

I'm a retired social worker/manager in a LA fostering/adoption team. So pleased you are near to getting a child placed. To be honest I don't think anyone can give you a definitive answer to your query because each case is obviously different.

I don't want to knock the edge of your excitement but do remember some of the things that you discussed in the prep groups (if you did....) that the early days/weeks/months of placement can be hard going and you will be tired physically and emotionally especially if this is your first child.

Wishing you all the best.

GirlsWhoWearGlasses Fri 09-Jan-15 20:16:02

Congratulations grin grin grin We had our planning meeting around an hour before we met DD. I thought that was bizarre, as if we took in a word of it!

Velvet1973 Fri 09-Jan-15 20:28:39

Congratulations. We didn't officially have a proper planning meeting but a meeting with our sw the day before we started intros just going over the paperwork etc. ours was an odd one though as we're doing f2a and the meeting took place an hour after placement order was issued for intros to start the next day.

Whatutalkinboutwillis Fri 09-Jan-15 20:42:14

Congratulations!!! Ours all happened fast, planning meeting was the hour before we met ds. Enjoy it!!

2old2beamum Fri 09-Jan-15 21:11:35

Congratulations grin grin

Having adopted 8 every one was different ADD2 was placed with us 2months before matching panel! NanaNina no toe curling please.

Please just go with the flow, with 5 of ours we met straight after planning meeting! With our first adopted son I was at his delivery as a midwife so met him first! confused

Nothing is written in stone just enjoy!!!!

MyDogEatsBalloons Fri 09-Jan-15 22:49:45

We had our planning meeting a couple of hours after meeting DD - they said they'd recently changed it to this set up, as adopters just couldn't concentrate otherwise!

Oh, and congratulations!

Italiangreyhound Fri 09-Jan-15 23:18:32

Daisiemoo CONGRATULATIONS smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile

We met our son about half an hour to an hour after the planning meeting, give or take a few minutes!

iwishkidslikedtomatoes Sat 10-Jan-15 01:23:53

Congratulations smile We had our meeting the week before intros started.

bberry Sat 10-Jan-15 08:29:15

I think we did ours the day before???

Congratulations...get lots of quick food in the fridge so you can make your life easier during intros... It's a fabulous but v exhausting time ....x

Kazza299 Sat 10-Jan-15 20:45:23

We did ours straight after matching panel but we were out of county and they didn't want us to keep having a long journey.

Daisiemoo Sat 10-Jan-15 22:30:24

Thanks everyone!!! Xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now