Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on adoption.

Adoption Question

(8 Posts)
Lilypiesmum Wed 17-Dec-14 21:06:23

Hi,
I'm hoping some of you who've been through this process could answer this question. Did your SWs tell you not to give out their contact details?
Thanks

JammyJimmy Wed 17-Dec-14 21:31:44

No but I can't think why I would give my swers contact details to anyone anyway. Unless you mean during matching?

In matching any profiles I saw that we were interested in (adoption link etc) I discussed with her before going further. If I'd wanted to progress any of them She would have contacted the child's sw in the first instance.

Lilypiesmum Wed 17-Dec-14 21:42:55

I asked because my ex is adopting and his SW interviewed my children without informing me first. I want to speak to her about my concerns and he claims he can't give out her details. Just wondered if this was true.

excitedmamma Wed 17-Dec-14 21:54:41

I'd have thought she would want to speak to you too.... any 'significant' others should be interviewed....

HappySunflower Wed 17-Dec-14 22:11:21

If they are adopting through the local authority that they live in, their SW should be fairly easy to track down. All you need to do is call the main council number and ask for the adoption team. If they are using a voluntary agency it may be trickier.

As excitedmama says, it is usually the case that ex spouses/partners ar contacted and interviewed, so I'm surprised that you haven't been.

bakinggood Thu 18-Dec-14 09:09:50

I thought they always speak to ex's too. They used to.

Copper13 Thu 18-Dec-14 10:49:56

Are your children adults Lily? If so I can understand you not being informed. If not, it seems quite strange not to have involved you as I'm sure it will at some stage. Did she leave any details with your children?

Lilypiesmum Thu 18-Dec-14 16:09:02

They are 10 & 12. She will interview me too, but he's only passed on my mobile number so she can't actually get hold of me as I have no signal and no way of calling her sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now