Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on adoption.

Wish us luck

(17 Posts)
Squigglypig Thu 13-Nov-14 09:16:41

Approval panel this morning. I thought I wasn't nervous but it's just hit me. If there was a feeling sick emotion I would now be using it.

AngelsWithSilverWings Thu 13-Nov-14 09:18:52

Good luck! I was sobbing with joy at the end or our approval panel! I even managed to reduce our "ice maiden" social worker to tears!

Squigglypig Thu 13-Nov-14 09:25:23

Thanks Angels.

I'm going to try not to cry as part of their concerns with me are my traumatic teenage years and our lovely SW assured us that that is probably the main stumbling block. No pressure.

imkeepingeverythingcrossed Thu 13-Nov-14 09:30:00

Goodluck. Keep us posted grin xx

HamJAMspam Thu 13-Nov-14 09:39:47

I'm sure you will be fine. Good luck. I wasn't emotional while we were sat in the panel room, more so after we left the room.

RhinosAreFatUnicorns Thu 13-Nov-14 10:57:58

Good luck - I'm sure you'll be fine smile

I sobbed and flung my arms round the panel chair - could have been awkward, but thankfully he took it in his stride!

Threesocksnohairbrush Thu 13-Nov-14 11:02:18

Good luck. Just remember they don't put you up for panel if they don't think you're going to pass!

Traumatic teenage years now behind you and processed into life experience bloody well SHOULD be a positive given what a roller coaster adolescence can be for our children!

Squigglypig Thu 13-Nov-14 11:30:54

YAY, we're approved! It was fine, our SW had prepared us really well. I gave her a massive hug after they told us. grin

Now we just need to get our kitchen done and after that we'll start actively looking if we're not approached in meantime.

excitedmamma Thu 13-Nov-14 11:53:43

Massive congrats...... fasten your seat belts now!!

Kewcumber Thu 13-Nov-14 13:22:25

Good luck and congratulations as I missed this early enough!

Jameme Thu 13-Nov-14 18:18:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AngelsWithSilverWings Thu 13-Nov-14 18:36:54

Congratulations thanks

Squigglypig Thu 13-Nov-14 18:58:04

Thanks very much everyone, we are so pleased. I know it's only been beginning really but it has felt like a bit of a slog getting through home study etc.

We already have a 4 yr old DD (birth) so YY to high shelves, although she's now just starting climbing on chairs to get at things!

Italiangreyhound Thu 13-Nov-14 19:03:39

Congratulations. Fab. grin

mineallmine Thu 13-Nov-14 19:07:43

Brilliant news!

MerryInthechelseahotel Thu 13-Nov-14 20:44:49

So happy for you! thanks wine cake brew

Massive congratulations! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now