Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on adoption.

Legal clarification

(10 Posts)
FamiliesShareGerms Tue 11-Nov-14 17:22:09

Have you seen that, following a drop in the number of children being freed for adoption, the Adoption Leadership Board has published a clarification of the law? Interesting write up here

Lilka Tue 11-Nov-14 17:50:37

We've put some stuff/links on this thread - www.mumsnet.com/Talk/adoptions/2226856-Is-the-adoption-system-affected-by-recent-court-cases I have a link to the actual guidance itself on there if you want to see it smile

I agree with Spero's analysis!

FamiliesShareGerms Tue 11-Nov-14 18:37:05

Aha - thanks, seen the guidance

Also seen the rather depressing comments underneath the press pieces sad

Lilka Tue 11-Nov-14 18:45:56

I know! Why do I read the comments, why?!

Someone seriously thinks there's no case for foster care or adoption unless the child will die otherwise?? I mean seriously, no real sane person can think that

I think I should develop a comments section bingo card. This one ticked most boxes. We had the forced adoption posters, as well as the 'assessments are too strict' posters, the anti-pc-liberals brigade, the love-Adoption-hate-IVF moron, and the token sane poster to balance things out. grin

Barbadosgirl Tue 11-Nov-14 19:46:28

I see you, Lilka, and raise you a "there are hoards of earnest white adopters out there who desperately want to adopt mixed raced children and the PC gone mad sws are refusing to let them and it is ridiculous because these people are totally colourblind, race does not matter to them and that thinking plus a whole lot of love is what these children need".

Jameme Tue 11-Nov-14 20:06:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FamiliesShareGerms Tue 11-Nov-14 20:12:18

Try the Guardian Jam

excitedmtb Tue 11-Nov-14 21:07:10

groans

I've just gone and read the comments on the Guardian and am now overwhelmingly annoyed and frustrated!!! why did i do it?!?!?

Jameme Tue 11-Nov-14 21:51:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Angelwings11 Wed 12-Nov-14 12:42:18

Just read them too. YAWN. So so predictable! Don't get me started on one comment about infanticide aka abortion.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now