Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on adoption.

Julia Brown and her daughter who has FAS, on 'This Morning'

(6 Posts)
Lilka Thu 06-Nov-14 17:14:47

It's so worth watching IMHO.

Julia Brown, the founder of the FASD Trust, talked about the signs and symptoms of FAS/FASD and their personal story with their eldest (adopted) daughter, then commented on the upcoming court case.

I laughed and welled up too when her daughter Niamh then came on, I think Phillip was a bit overwhelmed but he handled it really well.

Very worth watching

This is the clip on it's own www.itv.com/thismorning/hot-topics/foetal-alcohol-syndrome-julia-brown

It doesn't work for me, it doesn't like my location for some reason, but the whole episode is here and it's the first segment

Cherriesandapples Thu 06-Nov-14 17:25:55

That has brought years to my eyes!

HamJAMspam Thu 06-Nov-14 17:31:24

I watched this on catch up yesterday.
I have met Julia, we went to a conference the FASD Trust put on.
She is a very eloquent lady.
I have sent this link to our SENCO.
Niamh was wonderful, very much like dd3, so excited to be on TV with Phillip.

Hels20 Thu 06-Nov-14 21:32:13

WOw! What an amazing mother she is. Thanks for sharing Lilka.

okeydonkey Thu 06-Nov-14 23:15:00

She's an amazing women. This made me cry!

Italiangreyhound Fri 07-Nov-14 01:12:47

That was so moving thank you, dear Lilka.

I thought Julia handled the questions so well, it would be so easy to have been hardened by her experiences but she expressed such compassion for women who had given their children FASD through drinking in pregnancy.

And Niamh, how moving, but clear to see she would be a handful, Julia must have amazing skills to parent two children and set up a trust as well.

I am feeling humbled!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now