Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on adoption.

A few tears shed- mainly by me

(19 Posts)
blossom101001 Wed 05-Nov-14 11:14:50

Well today was the day. After having my boys home with me for 2 1/2 months I sent them to school today. My big cub was very nervous but confident to go off with his new teacher. He did run back to give us a hug though. My little cub who had so much bravado this morning started to cry. When I walked out of the room he wanted to come too but I left him with his teacher which broke my heart. He did settle and is enjoying the day. I came though and cried. I miss my boys. But a big successful morning. Let's see how they are when I pick them up at lunchtime (half-days only).

holeinmyheart Wed 05-Nov-14 11:17:51

Blossom it is so lovely to see a mum upset about her DCs growing up and going to school. A lot of Mumsnetters can't wait for them to go. What a lovely caring person you are. They will pay you back tenfold !

Lilka Wed 05-Nov-14 11:19:26

<hugs> My DS first days at school were hard for me (and him). It'll get a lot easier on you once it's a normal part of your routine

I hope they are having a lovely day they can tell you all about when you collect them smile

LastingLight Wed 05-Nov-14 16:05:38

Such a big milestone... I hope they had a fantastic day!

blossom101001 Wed 05-Nov-14 16:14:14

They have had an awesome day. Nothing like watching your child's face light up when you come and pick them up. We then walked to the local cafe to have lunch, came home watched a video then I handed my dining table over to them and shaving cream. They are a mess and so was I....

blossom101001 Wed 05-Nov-14 16:15:50

A very calming tactile activity after a little bit of a stressful day.

LastingLight Wed 05-Nov-14 16:34:21

blossom where is the pic of the dining room table??

blossom101001 Wed 05-Nov-14 16:39:40

oops every pic of the table has them in it- next time

blossom101001 Wed 05-Nov-14 16:47:04

Here- cropped children

blossom101001 Wed 05-Nov-14 16:49:28

As you can see it was on the wall, curtain and chair

LastingLight Wed 05-Nov-14 17:49:18

grin You have a much higher tolerance for mess than I do... I only let DD play with shaving cream outside on a window which could then be hosed down!

Italiangreyhound Wed 05-Nov-14 17:55:41

Blossom fabulous. My little lad is starting school soon. I was so unsure but it now seems right. I am so encouraged to hear your boys were OK and enjoyed it. Thank you.

blossom101001 Wed 05-Nov-14 18:39:15

Thanks Italian- it is important that the school is on board with your plans. My boys school have been fantastic so far. They have allowed me to have the boys (Year 1 and Reception) to have half days until Christmas.

Kazza299 Wed 05-Nov-14 18:46:02

Good to know. We will be hopefully having boys of similar age before christmas. How did you decide they were ready to start school. Glad it was ok x

blossom101001 Wed 05-Nov-14 18:56:14

I don't know. I got the feeling they were ready. We went to the Sure Start centre that was attached to the school and visited the school a number of times. In the beginning they were clingy to me and they started venturing off a little more (always checking if I was there). Both went to school in FC so it wasn't new. Today they both chose a picture of the family to put in their bag and I sprayed my body spray on their collars. They both saw me spray myself too. When they asked why I said when they felt worried they could smell it and think of me and when I was sad I would smell my collar and think of them. They really liked that.

Lilka Wed 05-Nov-14 21:31:52

Love the shaving foam!

I've done very similar with DS smile He had a hankie of mine that I (badly) stiched both our intials onto, and sprayed it with my perfume, and he could smell it whenver he needed. I also would put a little post-it in his lunchbox with a little loving message on it, always finishing 'see you at 3.15' or something like that. Actually, I still leave him messages sometimes, especially in the last couple of months very regularly, and he still keeps his hankie safe [smiles]

DD2 and DS took also possessions of mine into school to keep safe for me. It was a bit heartbreaking for me that they felt more secure at school if they had some object of mine, as if i cared more for the object than them. Though DD2 lost my things a few times or broke them deliberately....but DS liked feeling responsible, then trustworthy, so it worked better for him when we did that for a couple of years

Anyway, I'm so glad they had a great day, fabulous smile

ChippingInAutumnLover Fri 07-Nov-14 01:40:14

Blossom I'm glad they both enjoyed their first day! How did it go today? (or should I say, yesterday!)

FamiliesShareGerms Mon 10-Nov-14 04:25:54

Brilliant feels faint at the thought of do much mess

blossom101001 Tue 11-Nov-14 16:07:38

Hi everyone,

Week one has gone well. A little edgy on the weekend but nothing too bad. We didn't really go anywhere and just had a quiet weekend at home. Both boys are already asking to stay at lunch so they can play with their new friends. Might try this next week. Will not do full days yet though! Continuing with the perfume thing and they both ask for it. Forgot yesterday and had to go back to do it. I now have a bottle in the car.

Families We like mess- helped with bonding with the boys. They were never allowed mess in FC. No jumping in puddles, playing in mud, playing with play doh etc. Mostly sat in front of a tv.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now