Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on adoption.

Pupil Premium for EYFS for adopted children

(10 Posts)
drspouse Thu 23-Oct-14 21:31:59

This was announced today. Am I correct in my understanding that PP (unlike PPP) is just a lump sum given to the provider and they just have to vaguely show that they are using it for the benefit of the PP children?

I'm not really sure what our nursery would do for our two adopted DCs using PP if it was an individual thing, and they are unlikely to have any very low income families as a private workplace nursery (though my employer does have some people on shockingly low wages given its turnover etc. etc.).

So I'm not really sure how this kind of thing will work in a private nursery setting - maybe special equipment or training for the kind of special needs that can hit all families? Or do children with SEN not get PP?

fasparent Thu 23-Oct-14 22:41:59

There is no specific guidance how funds are spent, some Nursery's may opt too work in tandem with each other use for staff training such as nursery's attached too school's can work with school as coalition partnership, sharing resources and training, buy in equipment, teaching play aids etc. Would apply no point in wasting free cash. Just have too produce copy of relevant, Adoption order, SGO, or Family placement order.
Think also private nursery's may use funding too train staff up to EYFS level 3. Whatever they do will be accountable and be shown too and subject too OFSTED Inspection.

fasparent Fri 24-Oct-14 11:17:40

Our children and grandchildren get PPplus , including SEN, all are in different schools, who all use premium in different ways. Some get individual support others use as class or whole school support , dependent on their individual needs. It is working for us as it should.

fasparent Fri 24-Oct-14 11:25:43

Sorry must add some schools have used cash too employ their own special support staff such as OT's speech therapist etc. saving assessment and waiting time's. Are in house too address needs of children as and when required.

excitedmamma Fri 24-Oct-14 22:35:18

Sorry to be thick here guys.... are you saying my LO' s nursery is eligible to claim some extra funds? I knew schools could but have missed this one.... as I'm sure her nursery will have.... Thanks

drspouse Fri 24-Oct-14 22:37:20

It's new, doesn't come in till April 2015.

TheFamilyJammies Fri 24-Oct-14 23:42:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

fasparent Sat 25-Oct-14 13:38:43

Correct starts April 2015 , For complete information of final outcome of consultation and details. Google. "Early Years Pupil Premium funding for 2-year-olds" Application's for Adoptive children, SGO's and Familey carer's of children leaving care ( time limit in care just 1 day) criteria is the same is not linked too financial status , have too produce copy of Formal court document too nursery/school, applications is individuals choice and confidential.

excitedmamma Sat 25-Oct-14 19:28:12

smile thanks.....

Jamfilter Sat 25-Oct-14 20:29:17

Link to very brief summary here: www.foundationyears.org.uk/2014/10/governments-response-to-eypp-consultation/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now