Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on adoption.

pictures

(5 Posts)
OurMiracle1106 Fri 21-Mar-14 15:54:51

So I decided due to social worker being away not to send any photos of myself mainly because I don't know who they are going to be shared with (including whether my ex could view them) and I wanted to make sure they would be kept private. Ie not shown to other members of their family so if I did bump into any of their family they wouldn't recognise me

They have their right to privacy and I feel I do too.I want to make sure they are kept securely and for the purpose intended which is so our ds has access to picture of his birth mum.

Hels20 Fri 21-Mar-14 16:18:08

Hi Miracle - this seems like a sensible decision - and you are right - you have a right to privacy too. So have you asked for them just to be left on your son's file?

Kewcumber Fri 21-Mar-14 16:22:37

Yes I'd feel the same way in your position. Have you dropped sw an email saying this - she can read it when she gets back.

OurMiracle1106 Fri 21-Mar-14 16:23:03

Because the letter was just passed I decided to keep the photos until our sons social worker comes back in April and discuss it with her then

Kewcumber Fri 21-Mar-14 16:26:50

In fact if I were an adoptive parent in this position I would feel quite reassured that you had a good grasp of privacy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now