Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on adoption.

(5 Posts)
milly82 Mon 03-Feb-14 14:52:30

Hi All

Well today we had the initial vista about starting the adoption journey. We have no children currently and always new that adoption would be the right choice for us. We would like to adopt a sibling group of 2 who are over 3 and are really looking forward to starting the next chapter in our lives together. We are now booked in on our prep group in 4 weeks time and I have started to do a lot of reading. I have been reading lots of your posts and trying to take in a lot of info and wanted to say hi. Has anyone any tips for getting through the process?

x

Kewcumber Mon 03-Feb-14 14:55:15

tips for getting through the process?

Practice smiling and nodding
Buy chocolate digestives for social worker
Clean your whole house from top to bottom including inside cupboards (they won't look but its a rite of passage)

Italiangreyhound Mon 03-Feb-14 15:29:23

Welcome Milly come and join the Newbies thread and share our woes!

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/adoptions/1562171-Newbies

Inthebeginning Mon 03-Feb-14 22:56:32

Definitely come over to the newbies thread milly . It really helped me a lot.
my tips would be: -be honest with your social worker. We were from the beginning and it really helped the process.
-photocopy everything (or email it) so you don't panic if something goes awol (our social worker deleted our folder by accident blush ) it's also a lovely reminder of everything.
-Keep a book/diary so you can make notes at your meeting's too.
-look after yourself. It's very emotional so vent to us and others and also have time for you. nights away whatever.
Good luck! x

milly82 Tue 04-Feb-14 20:46:36

Thanks for the welcoming replies I will definitely join in the Newbie thread. Thank you for the advice x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now