Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on adoption.

Medical uncertainty

(27 Posts)
Cantthinkofannewname Sat 09-Nov-13 21:48:45

We have, all in the same fortnight, heard that our DS's birth mum is having another baby, and been told that an important medical appointment for DH has been delayed (though only by about 10 days).

It is possible that he will go to this appointment and a) be told he's in the clear or b) be told they will do another test now and find out if he's seriously ill or be in the clear OR c) be told they think the best thing is to wait 3/6/9/12 months and do a test and find out if it's serious or not.

If we know it's serious, we don't want to go ahead with the adoption, but there is actually a really low chance it's serious (meaning I'm worried but not climbing the walls). And I don't think they'd be letting him wait ages if they think there's any chance it's serious.

But if we were waiting 12 months for another test I think we'd want to go ahead. We don't think they'd put the new baby on hold for us though! And rightly so.

Has anyone been in a situation of medical uncertainty during HS? What did your LA/VA do about it?

It's not like an approval in general where we can just put the whole thing on hold while we wait and see. And we also worry (because we are older etc etc) that our best chance of adopting again might be this sibling.

Italiangreyhound Mon 17-Mar-14 23:34:46

Fabulous news, all best wishes.

oldnewmummy Tue 18-Mar-14 11:08:09

Glad to hear it, all the best.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now