Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on adoption.

Two agencies?.

(9 Posts)
mrsballack Sat 23-Mar-13 21:48:45

Well we received a letter with details from agency 1 and asked us to confirm we will be formally applying to adopt with them. I suspected they would do this before the course as I'm sure it's not cheap to put us on the course. We phoned them and told them that we couldn't get the time off at such short notice and have asked to be put on the next available course. This should buy us enough time to get the confirmed details of the course from agency 2 who we have decided we want to go with. And so now we are back to waiting again!

Italiangreyhound Fri 22-Mar-13 22:15:21

Mrsballack did you make your decision yet?

floatyjosmum Fri 22-Mar-13 22:06:43

If they are working under the current regs then you would have to choose one as the assessment would be done along side the training.

My understanding is the new regs would mean all the checks would be done so if you live in one of the la's they will find out about each other and not dire if that would make a difference

MrsBW Fri 08-Mar-13 22:30:35

You can only formally apply with one, I believe... If so, it would depend when they asked you to put in the formal application.

Domjolly Fri 08-Mar-13 22:23:02

Hi mrsballack personally i would go with your gut if your having issues already i would go with the other VA i would go to the thing in may

We knew from our first vist the LA wasnt right but went ahead wasited two months the seconed VA was so warm and welcoming

I no it sounds wired but we almost felt obligated to carry on with the La once they came round so glad we baled when did we um and ared for months but i think we just knew as soon as she put her hand bag down

mrsballack Fri 08-Mar-13 22:08:56

I know!! We were convinced that the first agency were going to say no as they were so negative on their visit. Now we're torn about what to do. Almost would have been go for them to say no. But only almost

Italiangreyhound Fri 08-Mar-13 21:54:46

Wow, you are in demand Mrsballack.

KristinaM Fri 08-Mar-13 20:53:26

That's a good question. I m guessing that you don't have to decide until they make a commitment to you to assess you, which they won't do until after the prep course .

mrsballack Fri 08-Mar-13 17:00:21

Hi. As you may remember we had an initial meeting with two different LAs. The first seemed very negative and critical while the second was a much more positive experience.

Second agency has put us on the list for a prep course in may and will let us know the details as soon as they have them which is good news. However, we have had a call from the first agency offering us a place on a prep course in April which was a bit of a shock to say the least.

My question is, can we attend both courses? We are not 100% set on on one agency or the other (but about 80% sure that we want to go with agency 2) At what point do we have to make the decision on an agency?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now