Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on adoption.

Would this be a welcome gift?

(8 Posts)
FluffyFish Mon 22-Oct-12 14:40:07

I get quite a lot of free Children's books through work. A friend who doesn't live near me is adopting two girls aged 4 and 6 and they coming to live with them asap. Would a box of age appropriate books be a nice gift do you think? I know you are not meant to bombard new adoptees with too many new toys.

mumof4sons Mon 22-Oct-12 16:26:42

What a lovely thing to give.

I loved reading to my boys when they were little. What better way to help your friend bond with her little girls.

(My teenage boys will not let me get rid of some of the books - as they have special memories attached to them.)

Moomoomie Mon 22-Oct-12 19:28:48

Sounds like a lovely gift, especially if you can send them to her ASAP so they are already on the bookshelf ready for when the children come home.
I too have many favourite books that we have all read together.

ChippingInLovesAutumn Mon 22-Oct-12 19:30:42

It sounds like a brilliant gift smile

shockers Mon 22-Oct-12 19:35:16

I agree. I read to my two a lot, it was the only time they stayed still! They both use reading as a way to be calm, even now.

Lilka Mon 22-Oct-12 19:54:19

I would have really loved that gift. DS and I read together a lot, and I used to read to DD2 a lot, not so much now she's a teen

FluffyFish Mon 22-Oct-12 19:59:54

Thanks all. I'll package them up and send tomorrow. Hope she's not a MN or my cover is blown. (If you are please just pretend you never saw this).

FamiliesShareGerms Mon 22-Oct-12 20:03:29

Yes, a lovely present smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now