Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on adoption.

Another medical and CRB check? Really?

(10 Posts)
NeverendingStoryteller Thu 04-Nov-10 20:11:37

Hi everyone - we have two kids placed with us right now and we're about to submit the docs to the court for the adoption order. We've just been informed by our social worker that we need to have another CRB and another medical. Has anyone else been asked to do this? Is this normal? It's only been just over a year since our last CRB and it's only been 11 months since our last medical (both for the approval panel). This seems kind of excessive, no? Has anyone else had to do this?

hester Thu 04-Nov-10 21:06:56

I'm really surprised to hear that. I thought CRB and medical lasted two years? We're coming up to the stage you're at and our sw hasn't mentioned it to us.

Kewcumber Fri 05-Nov-10 00:07:02

hester took the words out of my mouth. ASk your SW to check when your CRB etc expire, just to be sure

beemail Fri 05-Nov-10 08:29:55

yep I also thought 2 year validity

hifi Fri 05-Nov-10 10:37:37

it is 2 years as ours has just expired.your adoption agency covers the cost of the medical this time though.

NeverendingStoryteller Sat 06-Nov-10 22:01:27

Thanks for your advice, everyone - very helpful - will chat with our SW on Monday!

NeverendingStoryteller Tue 09-Nov-10 22:44:56

FYI - Update - SW advises that courts sometimes delay adoption orders if they want updated medicals and CRB. Hmmmm.... think this is BS, but have nothing to hide or lose, so will do as we are told hmm

Kewcumber Tue 09-Nov-10 23:12:26

"so will do as we are told hmm" there now see, you've got into the spirit of it! grin

NeverendingStoryteller Tue 09-Nov-10 23:13:48

giggles @ Kewcumber

oinker Thu 18-Nov-10 19:58:40

WEIRD............I was going to ask this question. We had our review and there was mention of the courts COULD request a further medical NO MENTION of CRB though. ??
Our medicals were only done in MAY this year. We are supposed to be putting our papers in by Christmas. Ermmmmmmmmmmmmmm... I hope there is no delays...

Good Luck!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: