Does anyone have access to...

(12 Posts)
GaucheCaviar Tue 21-Nov-17 10:55:59

I can't be the only one whose institution fails to subscribe to a bunch of stuff I need... so I thought a thread like this might be useful. Does anyone have access to Cambridge Core or a Shibboleth / Athens login?

OP’s posts: |
fivepies Tue 21-Nov-17 10:59:46

It would be lovely to be able to share this with you but unfortunately my University wraps everything into one log in so I can't share mine with you without giving you full access to all my teaching, HR records, my email etc.

purplepandas Tue 21-Nov-17 12:07:33

I have the same issue as fivepies. Is there a particular paper you need?

GaucheCaviar Tue 21-Nov-17 12:22:22

Sorry, I didn't mean post your logins online, I wasn't very clear blush It's just that this is an issue I come up against regularly and I'm sure I'm not the only one. I was thinking more along the lines of people saying yes, then PMing the references as they come up for people with access to download and email on.

Marasme Tue 21-Nov-17 17:46:48

i do have access - and when i do not i use scihub!
grin

LRDtheFeministDragon Tue 21-Nov-17 19:58:45

I have access and am happy to send over materials if I can get them.

Deianira Tue 21-Nov-17 20:12:05

I have Cambridge Core (mostly, with some weird exceptions), and am also happy to send individual papers!

parietal Tue 21-Nov-17 23:55:18

sci-hub and the twitter hashtag #icanhazpdf can both work pretty well for science.

Maya12 Wed 22-Nov-17 00:05:15

My uni's not that great either. Didn't know about the two options, but seems to be more science than soc sci, humanities or medical? Worth a try though, so thanks for sharing that tip.

MedSchoolRat Wed 22-Nov-17 21:54:15

I'm sorry to sound like jobsworth. Isn't what you're discussing against all terms of use agreements? Your risk to take if so.

fuffapster Thu 23-Nov-17 02:12:27

Library Genesis gen.lib.rus.ec/ has a lot of material.

Also look at Academia.edu - a lot of authors have prepublication copies and the like there, or indeed their own websites sometimes.

GaucheCaviar Fri 24-Nov-17 10:41:08

Thanks everyone, will PM Cambridge Core bods in particular in a moment. MedSchoolRat yes possibly, but frankly academic publishing is such a racket that I don't feel too bad about it. The author of the work I'm after died in 1855 so I don't think he'll care too much.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in