Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Online polls for lectures

(4 Posts)
purplepandas Wed 04-Oct-17 12:10:53

Hi

Does anyone have any recommendations for good free online voting systems? I did use poll everywhere but only 40 respondents and class sizes this clear are bigger!

Thanks

fuffapster Wed 04-Oct-17 13:35:11

Socrative works well with smartphones and there's a variety of choices. No limits on size I think.

Kahoot! is also OK but limited to questions with four answers and some feel that's it's more suited to younger age groups

Or you can just use a Google Form, but I feel Socrative is bettter

AnswerGarden is not really a polling tool but it is a way to get instant feedback

Deianira Wed 04-Oct-17 14:38:51

My university uses Turning Point (and has an institutional subscription, which they can just attach lecturers to so we can do big polls for large classes etc.) - it's worth seeing whether yours has some kind of recommended/supported software that they can get you access to. E-learning (or equivalent) should know. Turning Point is mostly used with clickers it seems, but they do actually allow your standard multiple choice/text answers and so on as well, and it's relatively straightforward.

purplepandas Fri 06-Oct-17 22:53:40

Thank you, sorry for taking a while to get back to this. Going to try Socrative I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now