Talk

Advanced search

Teaching?

(6 Posts)
peppa101 Mon 19-Dec-16 22:42:06

Hey guys, looking for a career change and something I've always wanted to be was a primary school teacher, any one give me some clues on how to get into this please? Thanks in advance

lifeissweet Mon 19-Dec-16 22:46:37

Firstly, you will probably want to move this to 'the staffroom' in the education section.

Secondly, what experience do you have? How much time have you spent in primary schools recently?

MarasmeAbsolu Tue 20-Dec-16 11:32:45

i ve started a very similar thread a few days ago!

user1485861347 Tue 31-Jan-17 11:44:18

I've been there and done this! Now on my second year teaching and love it. I took a 'straight to teach' programme run by the TES institute, formerly HCUK. It means I would work as a TA as I needed to be paid whilst I studied and I did my course over 3 terms around it. I got into my local school by applying for a job running their holiday club and training for that for a year before moving into a classroom assistant role. I will warn you, compared to my last career, teaching is all immersive and I find it quite exhausting most of the time, but then it is rewarding in other ways! If you want to dig my brains to ask anything else feel free x

hivy Tue 25-Apr-17 13:22:06

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

hivy Tue 25-Apr-17 13:22:53

So make sure you are up for it no matter what.
Best

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now