Talk

Advanced search

Institutional access to a journal

(8 Posts)
PlasticBertrand Wed 23-Nov-16 11:09:46

This seems like a good place to ask... I'm trying to get hold of a couple of articles from the journal Translation Studies, published by Taylor and Francis. My instituition doesn't subscribe and it's proving tricky to find somewhere here (not in the UK) that does. If anyone does have access, any chance I could PM you a couple of titles?

NeverEverAnythingEver Wed 23-Nov-16 11:19:57

We haven't got it, but in this sort of situation I'd just email the authors (assuming they are relatively new articles?)

VoteyMcVoteFace Wed 23-Nov-16 11:21:36

Have tried for you, but can't find the journal. I'm in a different field though so it may be my access is limited to relevant journals.

PlasticBertrand Wed 23-Nov-16 14:11:46

Thanks both. I'll drop the authors a line - I always think it's a bit cheeky to do so but I suppose it's the easiest solution.

NeverEverAnythingEver Wed 23-Nov-16 14:16:51

People love knowing that other people want to read their paper!

(I do, anyway.)

impostersyndrome Wed 23-Nov-16 19:28:05

It looks as though I've got access to issues from recent years. Come back to me if you don't get joy from the authors - I'm away till next week so can't do anything beforehand.

Two other strategies for anyone reading this: try googling the title in normal google (not scholar) set inside quotes. You may find a grey copy somewhere.

And of course check their institutional repository.

squaresnotcircles Wed 23-Nov-16 19:52:03

I can also get them from 2008 onwards. I'm working tonight if you want to PM me.

PlasticBertrand Tue 29-Nov-16 12:47:05

Thanks everyone, I haven't responded because I wanted to see if the authors responded to my emails first. Fortunately they've come up trumps :-) so all is well!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now