Talk

Advanced search

How much work have you done this weekend

(4 Posts)
jhff Sun 07-Aug-16 20:05:33

Just that really.

It's the middle of the summer, so no students or work for me seems to be the opinion of most people I know outside of academia. This is a bit far from the truth!

I've not done much this weekend. A few emails about upcoming funding bids and agreed to do one invited journal paper. I was supposed to read the revisions of a paper for my postdoc, but I've put this off to tomorrow.

You?

FoggyBottom Sun 07-Aug-16 20:53:37

I've read a ms I've been asked to write a blurb for. But I took it on my iPad on a country walk with me, and read it sitting beside a beck.

TheWindInThePillows Mon 08-Aug-16 10:06:19

About 3/4 hours yesterday mopping up stuff so I can go on holiday. But I didn't work solidly last week at all, and went to the beach a couple of days.

I try to make sure I have at least a full week, preferably two with absolutely no work done at all, to refresh my brain (urgent printer corrections to manuscripts excepted).

Closetlibrarian Mon 08-Aug-16 22:36:58

Ha ha ha. I have small children. I no longer get to work on the weekends which is probably why my career is flatlining at the moment

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now