What name did your DH come up with for your babies that you hated?

(316 Posts)
FortunesFave Fri 26-Nov-21 05:22:25

DH wanted to call our first DD Charlie.

Fucking Charlie!

SO many lovely girls' names and he comes up with that.

Sorry if your is called that...it's nice enough I suppose but it's just not something I'd choose for a girl.

OP’s posts: |
CatonMat Fri 26-Nov-21 05:25:19

Apologies to anyone with these names, but Janet and Ann are ones that stay with me.

CanIHaveAHolidayPlease Fri 26-Nov-21 05:25:23

My ex came up with Carolanne.... wtf!!

Shasha17 Fri 26-Nov-21 05:28:55

I was JUST thinking about starting this exact thread earlier! Thinking about how my DH tried to call baby no.4 Kobe (after the basketball player) and no.3 Rubeo (which I think he just made up). 😂

BeingATwatItsABingThing Fri 26-Nov-21 05:35:10

DH wanted DD1 to be Victoria. Nothing against that name but just not one I love enough to name my child.

He also suggested some awful boys names that I have mentally blocked from my brain. Luckily, we’ve got two girls or we might have ended in divorce choosing a name. grin

If he were responding to this thread, he’d say I suggested the name Jesse and he was the hero for putting his foot down and saying no.

Lime37 Fri 26-Nov-21 05:46:22

What about Charlotte

Aussiegirl123456 Fri 26-Nov-21 05:49:32

Our first son, husband really wanted to call him Shefki (pron chef key) after shefki kuqi, a polish soccer player I had a crush on.

Advertisement

MrsSchadenfreude Fri 26-Nov-21 05:57:12

Drusilla and Frederika.

BowledOverly Fri 26-Nov-21 05:58:34

“Chip” for a boy. Seriously.
All I could think was of the ancient TV show grin

Sciurus83 Fri 26-Nov-21 06:01:23

His name. Also Angus. No.

FortunesFave Fri 26-Nov-21 06:01:57

Lime37

What about Charlotte

It's nice but DH was wanting to call DD Charlie...just Charlie.

Lol at Chip BowledOverly grin

vanillaskies Fri 26-Nov-21 06:02:38

Mustang. Like.... THATS NOT A NAME shock

Luckily we went with Violet , which is beautiful 😍

FortunesFave Fri 26-Nov-21 06:02:54

CanIHaveAHolidayPlease

My ex came up with Carolanne.... wtf!!

I quite like that in a retro, name of the kid from a horror film kind of way!

FortunesFave Fri 26-Nov-21 06:03:32

vanillaskies

Mustang. Like.... THATS NOT A NAME shock

Luckily we went with Violet , which is beautiful 😍

MUSTANG!? I love Violet though!

CatonMat Fri 26-Nov-21 06:05:24

A combination of the two beautiful names - Carolanne with Ann as a nickname, maybe?

Plumedenom Fri 26-Nov-21 06:06:14

Names are tinged by associations. I used to row with a gorgeous and fun girl with blonde curly hair called Charlie and actually quite fancy it as a short name for Charlotte. To me it's the name of fun laid back woman.

Kuachui Fri 26-Nov-21 06:08:55

friends dh wanted ruddie and pilley for a girl. 🙄 sounds like he was naming a horse not a child

RedwineforSantaplease Fri 26-Nov-21 06:10:03

Cornelius.

In fairness it was the night before I was having the baby and we'd lost the plot trying to think of a name.

smaragda Fri 26-Nov-21 06:10:52

If I had been a boy I would have been charlie, as it is I'm a girl and was called Victoria...which is also on the no list it seems! Lol when I was pregnant with my son my husband wanted to call him Anthony, which as a name is not too bad, unfortunately it's my dad's name and in our culture the first boy is supposed to be named after the father's father. I just knew we would get grief.for it for the rest of our lives, so we went with something completely different. My FIL still hasn't forgiven me for not naming the boy after him, and my son will be 18 next year!

mynameisnotmichaelcaine Fri 26-Nov-21 06:13:08

Michelle, Lorraine, Bernadette. Our kids were all born this century, not in the 1960s.

ThirdElephant Fri 26-Nov-21 06:16:18

Jean, Axel and Dante.

AlwaysLatte Fri 26-Nov-21 06:20:22

Aubrey. Would be 'strawberry' within seconds when he started school!

NotSorry Fri 26-Nov-21 06:22:53

For our 3rd - David - nothing wrong with David I hear you cry…

He wanted his middle name to be Beckham hmm

For our 4th - Norman confused

BeingATwatItsABingThing Fri 26-Nov-21 06:26:27

AlwaysLatte

Aubrey. Would be 'strawberry' within seconds when he started school!

I teach an Aubree (girl) and she’s never once been called strawberry.

BeingATwatItsABingThing Fri 26-Nov-21 06:27:06

smaragda

If I had been a boy I would have been charlie, as it is I'm a girl and was called Victoria...which is also on the no list it seems! Lol when I was pregnant with my son my husband wanted to call him Anthony, which as a name is not too bad, unfortunately it's my dad's name and in our culture the first boy is supposed to be named after the father's father. I just knew we would get grief.for it for the rest of our lives, so we went with something completely different. My FIL still hasn't forgiven me for not naming the boy after him, and my son will be 18 next year!

Sorry @smaragda blush grin

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in