Just farted in front of a patient

(53 Posts)
PussGirl Wed 24-Nov-21 15:43:13

Just that really. Leant forward slightly while standing to examine her & PAARP! Not terribly loud but distinctive, although I tried to cover it up by moving the chair with my foot to make a similar noise hmm

Not smelly thank goodness grin

I just ignored it & carried on

She (teenage) & her mum will now be trying to decide whether I did or didn't. I have to review her in a fortnight - blush

OP’s posts: |
EishetChayil Wed 24-Nov-21 15:44:39

Chances are they didn't hear it - probably too caught up in whatever they were seeing you about!

Topseyt Wed 24-Nov-21 16:42:27

🤣🤣🤣

Better out than in.

Tal45 Wed 24-Nov-21 16:48:22

Just can't be helped sometimes. At least it shows you're human!

DoncasterHombre Wed 24-Nov-21 17:03:58

Congratulate them on passing the ad-hoc hearing test part of the examination if they bring it up . . . . . and inform them that they failed - and why they failed - if they don't.

theemmadilemma Wed 24-Nov-21 17:05:14

I was on a video conference last week where the presenter was the only person unmuted. And he farted. REALLY LOUDLY. How he recovered, ignored it and carried on, I will NEVER know.

MrsFoxyplease Wed 24-Nov-21 17:07:59

You'll now be known in their household as Farty arse.
" When's the appointment with Farty arse, Mum?"
"Can't make that day, sorry, were off to see Farty arse"
Sorrygrin

Advertisement

QueenLagertha Wed 24-Nov-21 17:12:49

gringringrin

QueenLagertha Wed 24-Nov-21 17:13:48

Happens to the best of us OP

AuntMasha Wed 24-Nov-21 17:14:05

Well op, none other than President Joe Biden let out a ripping air biscuit in front of Camilla recently, so you’re in good company

riverofsweetcorn Wed 24-Nov-21 18:00:04

Air biscuit grin

FindingMeno Wed 24-Nov-21 18:07:27

You've made my day grin

IWasHotInTheNineties Wed 24-Nov-21 18:10:36

If I was them I would laugh just at much as you trying to recreate the fart with your foot and chair grin

Coronawireless Wed 24-Nov-21 18:13:50

Ah, the old scrapey chair leg trick.

Milomonster Wed 24-Nov-21 18:24:09

I’ll never know why I still laugh at this in my 40s!
I did the same in Tesco last week. It came out of nowhere; no sign of an escape beforehand. I was mortified as a couple was nearby.

Milomonster Wed 24-Nov-21 18:24:33

Did you not smirk/smile/laugh?

Toddlerteaplease Wed 24-Nov-21 19:18:18

The advantage of being a Paediatric nurse is that I can usually blame it on the patients. grin

Toddlerteaplease Wed 24-Nov-21 19:19:22

The parents always start checking their child's nappies.

BiLuminous Wed 24-Nov-21 19:21:23

There's literally no way that I wouldn't laugh if I thought my Dr had farted when talking to me, ESPECIALLY if I was a teen. You might be safe!

Damnyoureyes Wed 24-Nov-21 19:24:53

Horrified and mortified I dropped one in the covid bay at work.

Out of nowhere type.

Trouble is I have no idea of the stench on account of my military grade FFP mask.

All patients nearby already short of breath did not seem to gasp clutching for fresh air any more than they already were, so I can only assume that it wasn’t a bad one.

I did a mental recap of the menu consumed in the preceding 24 hours just to check for offensive items, but there were none.

Steelesauce Wed 24-Nov-21 19:25:40

grin I've done this before when I worked in a&e. Think I styled it out with a disgusted look at the next cubicle blush Now I work in long term care and fart with abundance and feel no shame grin it is liberating.

Charley50 Wed 24-Nov-21 19:26:41

Sometimes I fart in the library at work as a small act of passive aggressive rebellion.

EatSleepRantRepeat Wed 24-Nov-21 19:32:10

Try IBS - we fart loudly, everywhere, a lot of the time! I just don't acknowledge it and no-one dares bring it up.

StopGo Wed 24-Nov-21 19:32:13

Why is farting so funny? Serious question as I curl up like a five year old.

DontKeepTheFaith Wed 24-Nov-21 19:32:15

I can recommend nursing with older people, they are mostly too hard of hearing to be aware or too polite to mention it😜 Or they thought it was themselves and I am the polite one ignoring it🤣

It has happened to me a couple of times. Have awful gynae and prolapse issues and do struggle to hold on to wind occasionally. My best advice is to wipe it from your mind and basically pretend it never happened.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in