My energy company has gone bust - Pure Planet

(23 Posts)
GreenLunchBox Thu 14-Oct-21 13:41:10

The advice is to send some meter readings in to them (and then wait for your bills with the new provider to massively increase, I guess!)

OP’s posts: |
GreenLunchBox Thu 14-Oct-21 13:42:39

They were a really decent company and I feel quite sad about this.

PurplePeach62 Thu 14-Oct-21 13:46:59

I'm with them too - has anyone been in touch with you about it yet OP?

Handsnotwands Thu 14-Oct-21 13:53:43

Same. I’ve not heard anything from them. It’s a real shame isn’t it 😞

TheDogsMother Thu 14-Oct-21 14:20:47

Mine went bust a couple of weeks ago (Igloo) and we were contacted within a couple of days by EON who are our new provider. Such a shame as Igloo were super efficient and the two times when I've found myself with EON after a house move they've been a nightmare.

GreenLunchBox Thu 14-Oct-21 15:44:57

PurplePeach62

I'm with them too - has anyone been in touch with you about it yet OP?

I received an email from them.

GreenLunchBox Thu 14-Oct-21 15:47:17

TheDogsMother

Mine went bust a couple of weeks ago (Igloo) and we were contacted within a couple of days by EON who are our new provider. Such a shame as Igloo were super efficient and the two times when I've found myself with EON after a house move they've been a nightmare.

Oh no. Actually at least you didn't get British Gas! As I understand it people are transferred to one of the ' big 6'

I really liked PP. The app was really good and I felt like I was doing something for 'green' energy

Advertisement

FaintlyMacabre Thu 14-Oct-21 15:51:49

Us too- possibly made more complicated by the fact we’re moving house next week! Just sent them meter readings via the app and we’ll see what happens…

AwkwardPaws27 Thu 14-Oct-21 15:52:54

I'm with them too, got the email earlier today.
I agree it's a real shame, I liked their green tariff and the app was super handy for submitting readings etc.

Hellocatshome Thu 14-Oct-21 16:12:42

I'm with them too and found them really easy to deal with and the app was great. Whoever they move me too I'm unlikely to stay, I've never found any of the big 6 very good.

WayshrineNotFound Thu 14-Oct-21 17:43:12

Us too. So depressing. I guess we'll just wait and see (and switch once we can).

FaintlyMacabre Tue 19-Oct-21 14:45:33

Well we’ve been switched to Shell! Not who I would have picked but since we’re moving next week we’ll try to change again once we move.

5Minions2CallMyOwn Tue 19-Oct-21 15:05:22

Same happened to us and have been transferred to Shell as of yesterday also. Are they any good? We were so happy with Pure Planet

Burnerphone21 Tue 19-Oct-21 15:07:07

Can I join I was pure planet too. Also feel sad about it. That photo in the email of them all smiling into their webcams really brought it home.

Burnerphone21 Tue 19-Oct-21 15:09:38

Yep also moved the shell. I read on another thread you can get discounted broadband with them if you are an energy customer so I will be looking into that. Silver linings and all that.

Neveratruerfriend Tue 19-Oct-21 15:14:48

I was with PP about 2 years ago. There customer service was absolutely hopeless and I run up a cost overrun of £100s because they would not let me increase my monthly dd payments. I kept trying to tell them they were undercharging me but I could not get through to any human being at all (they clearly all were on another planet).

After that experience I decided to go with a provider who would at least respond to a fairly basic request, ie can you stop reducing my DD and increase it to where it needs to be?

Georgieporgie29 Tue 19-Oct-21 17:01:34

I was with pure planet too and had my email from shell today. I don’t really know much about them, I’m hoping they’re better than British Gas though

TFMinx Tue 19-Oct-21 17:11:27

I haven’t been with Pure Plant, but I am a Shell customer. I’ve found Shell to be very easy to deal with, their website is easy to use too. Hope this puts some people’s minds at ease. smile

TFMinx Tue 19-Oct-21 17:11:52

Sorry, Pure Planet, not Pure Plant

Georgieporgie29 Tue 19-Oct-21 17:41:11

It does, thank you @TFMinx

TFMinx Tue 19-Oct-21 18:01:57

You’re very welcome. Obviously I’m just one customer, there may be different experiences, but mine’s a good one

ImSoMagical Tue 19-Oct-21 18:34:31

@TFMinx thanks, I got email also today saying Shell and I was s bit worried tbh. Pure Planet just increased my payments to £250 a month - hoping it doesn't go any further!

Summersdreaming Tue 19-Oct-21 18:40:00

I was with Pure Planet too, they've emailed asking me to reinstate my direct debit, which I've ignored obviously! Hoping to hear who we've been assigned to ASAP.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in