Wide fit boys shoes.

(14 Posts)
CiaoForNiao Thu 22-Jul-21 18:23:27

Asking on behalf of a friend.

Where is the best place for wide fit boys shoes? Her DS is 10 and needs a size 5G shoe.

Thanks.

OP’s posts: |
samwitwicky Thu 22-Jul-21 18:24:36

I get my boy's from Clarks

Have her feet sized by them then order via the online outlet store - often cheaper on there m

samwitwicky Thu 22-Jul-21 18:24:52

His*

MenaiMna Thu 22-Jul-21 19:17:43

Clarks are expensive but necessary for wide fit mother of an h-fitting. But to save money get a fitting and buy one pair in the sale, then get extras second hand there are Facebook groups, ebay & Vinted.

starpatch Thu 22-Jul-21 19:20:27

Kickers are about equivalent to a G fitting, just a wide design. Merrell trainers are very wide.

CiaoForNiao Thu 22-Jul-21 19:22:59

Thanks all.
What about sandals? What do 10 year old boys wear? She's worried he'll be bullied for wearing the only ones Clarks have. (Said 10 year old is also home school and has ASD and has been bullied a lot in the past)

I have a 16 year old who's had the same pair of sandals in increasing size for about 4 years now and a 14 year old who wouldn't be seen dead in sandals.

Magpiecomplex Thu 22-Jul-21 19:26:17

Startrite are good too. Mine vary between G and H width and it's important to consider the shape of the shoe too. We've had problems with Clarks shoes in the past which were technically the right width but still produced corns on little toes because they weren't supporting the feet correctly.

Advertisement

Magpiecomplex Thu 22-Jul-21 19:27:26

For sandals, bog standard walking sandals with Velcro straps are absolutely fine. Never had a problem with getting them to fit.

imayhavelostmymarbles Thu 22-Jul-21 19:30:28

Geox are good too. And Ricosta.
Its also about getting the right toe shape. Some feet are very square toed and need shoes the same not rounded.

Nicecupofteaandacake Thu 22-Jul-21 19:35:49

My DS is a H width and the best we've found for him are Bobux

Magpiecomplex Thu 22-Jul-21 19:49:35

@imayhavelostmymarbles we found we had to size up to a ridiculous extent (like about two full sizes bigger than measured) for Geox. That said, they were for a long time the only option to fit the combination of narrow ankles and wide feet!

sorryiasked Thu 22-Jul-21 19:59:20

Oddly enough Kangol shoes fitted DS - we had several pairs of school shoes from them (bought in sports direct).
Sandals before he became aware of "cool" were karrimor ithaca which have a closed toe so were good for school etc

CiaoForNiao Thu 22-Jul-21 20:14:37

She said thank you very much everyone
Lots to look at smile

LunchWithAGruffalo Fri 23-Jul-21 09:10:52

The widest fitting sandals we found were Keens Newport, although the adult sizes don't seem quite so wide.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in