Am I the only one with no holiday booked or planned?

(87 Posts)
Keepyourdistance000 Thu 06-May-21 20:45:22

It appears everyone else, especially on MN, has a holiday booked or planned for this year.

Am I the only one who has no holiday booked or planned?

Feeling very down about it sad

OP’s posts: |
Bumpinthenight Thu 06-May-21 20:48:58

We haven't got a holiday booked or planned. Neither has a friend of mine.
You are not alone!

Foxyloxy1plus1 Thu 06-May-21 20:53:24

No, we haven’t. The sort of place I’d want, is either booked up for over a year or megabucks.

ConnieCaterpillar70 Thu 06-May-21 20:56:38

Not a hope.

We run our own business. Lockdown was the most time we've had off in decades.

dontcallmelen Thu 06-May-21 20:57:55

Not alone, me either I can’t get interested in going anywhere whilst restrictions still in place I’m tired of being told what to do/when to do it so think we will until hopefully a reasonable amount of normality returns.

bloodywhitecat Thu 06-May-21 20:58:26

We haven't, we get married in two weeks and haven't booked a honeymoon even. We have no idea how well DP will be as he has terminal cancer so...

PastMyBestBeforeDate Thu 06-May-21 20:58:58

We did. It's been cancelled.

Advertisement

devastating Thu 06-May-21 20:59:31

No holiday booked here either.

Blueberry40 Thu 06-May-21 21:00:37

Nothing planned for us either! I really don’t feel like paying over the odds and everywhere is likely to be overcrowded as people all start going away at the same time. Would rather bide my time a bit until things have settled down.

Spekoppar Thu 06-May-21 21:01:16

Nothing booked here, business hit by lockdowns so need to recover before we can even think of holidays.

DenisetheMenace Thu 06-May-21 21:01:30

So book one! We’re going to Wales in July and Scotland in September, all being well.

rosy71 Thu 06-May-21 21:01:51

No. We have no holiday booked or planned. Would love to go somewhere but it's all looking very expensive....

cleckheatonwanderer Thu 06-May-21 21:01:58

Nothing booked here, we left it way too late too late but are planning days out during time off.

Pinkbrush Thu 06-May-21 21:02:09

bloodywhitecat

We haven't, we get married in two weeks and haven't booked a honeymoon even. We have no idea how well DP will be as he has terminal cancer so...

Sorry to hear that flowers Hope you have an amazing wedding and manage to have a honeymoon.

cleckheatonwanderer Thu 06-May-21 21:02:35

*obvs we have a 'no walks in the country' rule

Pinkbrush Thu 06-May-21 21:03:01

We have booked a local holiday. Not sure about a foreign one this year... it’s looking unlikely

catlovingdoctor Thu 06-May-21 21:03:19

Not gone one booked either 😔 too expensive and nobody to go with as usual

Keepyourdistance000 Thu 06-May-21 21:03:58

bloodywhitecat

@bloodywhitecat so sorry to hear this flowers

APipkinOfPepper Thu 06-May-21 21:05:13

We’ve postponed ours till next year. Making plans to visit family and friends too far away for day visits that we therefore haven’t seen in ages instead!

FloralJammies Thu 06-May-21 21:05:34

bloodywhitecat

I hope you both have an amazing day.

Keepyourdistance000 Thu 06-May-21 21:06:02

DenisetheMenace

So book one! We’re going to Wales in July and Scotland in September, all being well.

@DenisetheMenace your comment is very unhelpful. It's not possible for me to just "book one!" confused

APipkinOfPepper Thu 06-May-21 21:06:17

bloodywhitecat

So sorry to hear that, hope you have a lovely wedding day

Keepyourdistance000 Thu 06-May-21 21:06:43

Thank you everyone for your replies. Good to know I'm not alone after all.

BeingATwatItsABingThing Thu 06-May-21 21:07:37

We have a few days in Legoland booked for July but that’s it. We’ve had two Easter holidays cancelled now.

Gormless Thu 06-May-21 21:08:01

We have booked a couple of nights away but in truth will be happy just with days out and being able to go to local restaurants etc because we’ve missed that a lot.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in