What could this be?

(6 Posts)
queenoffarts22 Mon 19-Apr-21 08:34:26

For the past 5 days I have had severe cramping and diarrhoea blush not constant pain but usually a few hours after eating I'm doubled up and dashing to the loo. I've barely eaten but last night I tried my Sunday dinner and this morning I was woken up by the worst stomach ache and had to literally run to the loo.

I've had similar before but nothing that lasted this long. I had a colonoscopy last year which didn't flag up anything but this cant be normal surely? Is this typical for IBS? I don't feel GP will take me seriously now it's been investigated by colonoscopy so I don't know where else to turn...

OP’s posts: |
SpringtimeSummertime Mon 19-Apr-21 08:37:09

IBS, food poisoning, disagreement with a particular food you ate, wheat/dairy intolerance...?
Could be any of the above! Can you eliminate any possible cause?

SpringtimeSummertime Mon 19-Apr-21 08:38:05

Just to add, yes, it is typical with IBS! I’ve had it on and off through my life.

queenoffarts22 Mon 19-Apr-21 08:38:25

Would any of those last this long though? It's been 5 days of this! 2-3 I perhaps could have put down to a bug but I've never experienced anything that goes on for this long.

SpringtimeSummertime Mon 19-Apr-21 08:47:50

A bug or food poisoning can last for days definitely. My own IBS would ease off after a couple of days with treatment - not sure how long it would last without.

queenoffarts22 Mon 19-Apr-21 09:06:06

Ugggh probably is that then. I have an appointment tomorrow and I feel like I have to starve myself today just to avoid anything happening when I'm outside toilet distance tomorrow. How shit - pun intended.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in