13 weeks & 3days no bump or hard belly just fat

(18 Posts)
Lozzaa4 Sat 17-Apr-21 16:18:37

Now 13 weeks 3 days. No bump or anything yet and belly is soft and squishy not hard in any place a generally just look like im fat 😂please tell me im not the only one and please tell me am going to get a bump at some point. Or belly might start to harden maybe? Im 5ft2 and 7st10😂yes im literally tiny. so thought i would of started showing by now

OP’s posts: |
justchecking1 Sat 17-Apr-21 16:23:09

I usually just look fat til about 18-20 weeks. You will get a bump but it might not be very big. All normal

PinkCookie11 Sat 17-Apr-21 16:24:02

Doesn’t normally pop till 20 weeks +

chelle862 Sat 17-Apr-21 16:41:34

You are 13 weeks, give it time. I didn't look pregnant until I was at least 24 weeks, until then I just looked like it had a really good dinner.

Mintjulia Sat 17-Apr-21 16:48:24

I didn't have a bump at all until 19 weeks (first DC) and no-one at work spotted I was pregnant until 28 weeks (black t-shirt & tweedy jacket very effective camouflage ☺).

Enjoy your slim shape while it lasts.

Tinkling Sat 17-Apr-21 16:52:06

Your uterus is mostly in your pelvis up to 12-14 weeks so this is normal. I didn’t ‘pop’ with my first until about 17 weeks and it was only obvious to me.

MarmaladeToastAndAMarmaladeCat Sat 17-Apr-21 16:54:32

Definitely looks like a bump but I found it stayed quite soft until the 3rd trimester with my first. I didn’t tell my colleagues until I was 18 weeks and no one had a clue. I didn’t really get much of a bump until about 22 weeks. With my second I had a very noticeable bump from about 6 weeks 🤣

DancingDunes Sat 17-Apr-21 17:18:42

I didn't look pregnant until well over 20 weeks with my first. I looked a bit fat for a while I'm afraid. I'm a size 12 if that helps.

Troyhelena Sat 17-Apr-21 17:22:40

Your uterus is still so low down at 13 weeks. Very normal to not have a bump for a long while yet

spiderlight Sat 17-Apr-21 17:51:52

I didn't get a bump at all until 20 weeks - it appeared on the day of my 20-week scan, in fact, and it still wasn't noticeable to anyone else for ages after that.

Lozzaa4 Sat 17-Apr-21 18:52:19

Thank you ladies appreciate all your comments and experiences. First pregnancy so not sure what to expect or whats normal but its so good to know its not me

britnay Sat 17-Apr-21 19:05:03

Also, eating for two is a myth!!! ;) You just need to eat a normal, healthy diet smile

BlackInk Sat 17-Apr-21 19:33:24

From about 12 to 14 weeks your uterus will start to rise out of your pelvis. If you lie flat on your back and feel your very lower stomach you might soon start to feel a little hump, like a sunrise.

But all that growing going on in your pelvis is probably already pushing your organs (and any belly fat) out of place, which is why you have a little squidgy bump.

I'm slim and couldn't see a little bump until around 20 weeks. No one else would have noticed until closer to 30.

Happy growing smile

gretagreengrapes Sat 17-Apr-21 19:39:21

I didnt get a bump until 25 weeks and even then it measured small! Everyone is different.

KindergartenKop Sat 17-Apr-21 21:13:59

You might be able to feel a little hardness just above your pubic bone, but at this point it's not grown very high. Have a Google of the uterus size at various weeks. Also if it's your first, the muscles are stronger so you tend to show later.

Lozzaa4 Sun 18-Apr-21 09:39:11

Brilliant ladies thank you, wow all yous have so many different stories etc different times its crazy. But appreciate all your comments. Cant wait for my little bump to finally start to show soon enough smile

Lozzaa4 Sun 18-Apr-21 12:17:04

Anyone else still get that roll and crease in middle of belly when sitting or slouching half way through 13 weeks 😂 if yous know what a mean. A think a just want my bump here now sk jealous of everyone who has perfect bumps straight away

BalloonSlayer Sun 18-Apr-21 13:49:02

I think you've got a nice neat little 13 week bump there.

You will spend long enough feeling like the Ark Royal, don't be too much in a rush to be enormous!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in