Do you let people take you for granted?

(4 Posts)
Woodlandbelle Thu 15-Apr-21 20:25:19

Just curious. I used to. I cleaned for a relative a few times a week while they moaned at me or remarked they didn't like what I was wearing. So one day just stopped.
My mother in law used to call me did dh get to work and home safely though I drive a similar journey and direction so I just asked dh to call her as it hurt a bit. No how are you just how is dh? I'm glad I toughened up but I used to be very soft natured. Now I wonder am I too hard hearted.
At work I could do double what others do and never get acknowledge but others get a big heap of praise via email etc
I don't go out of my way anymore for people. But I want to be kind too. But it doesn't get reciprocated. Any advice?

OP’s posts: |
Woodlandbelle Thu 15-Apr-21 20:25:59

I meant mil never asked how I was sorry.

Salvationz Thu 15-Apr-21 20:49:37

I know the feeling, I feel like I’ve gotten into such a bad habit of taking too much on at home and not receiving the appreciation or even acknowledgement of it.

For example... OH text me earlier today whilst I was at the park with DD to say the milk was nearly finished. He never went out to get any, he could have though. The shop is at the end of our street.

I ended up going back out and getting the milk this evening.

This is just one example. I have a list!

I bend over backwards and nobody cares x

Woodlandbelle Thu 15-Apr-21 21:11:31

It's hard isn't it. I don't want to be a walkover but then I know doing nothing for others means you don't get much back so it's a thin line flowers

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in