Talk

Advanced search

Tesco Easter Delivery slots

(61 Posts)
Sarjest Thu 25-Feb-21 19:57:23

I’ve just got an email saying the slots will open soon but I may have to wait in a virtual queue due to high demand. I think I’ll skip on the two hour ‘wait’ like at Christmas and if I don’t get one immediately I’ll take my custom elsewhere. Anyone else not bothering?

OP’s posts: |
Mumdiva99 Thu 25-Feb-21 19:59:08

Easter delivery slots??? Wtaf- is that for real? Surely Easter Sunday is just a Sunday?

Fortunately I don't use tesco so not an issue.

swampytiggaa Thu 25-Feb-21 19:59:58

I haven’t had the email 😱 not too worried tho H works at Tesco and I work at Morrison’s so we won’t starve if I don’t get a slot

IamChipmunk Thu 25-Feb-21 20:28:27

Yeah I saw this and thought FFS! I dont want an Easter slot, just my normal Tues slot. I didn't get one for xmas despite being in the stupid queue for 2 hours on various devices so I did my big shop at Aldi instead! I'll do the same for Easter if Tesco piss about again!

Privateandconfidentialplease Thu 25-Feb-21 20:35:12

At christmas I just did jobs and watched telly with the kids whilst I was in the queue, so wasn't that much of a hassle. We dont have a car and obviously I am trying to avoid shops and taxis if I can.
I will just do the same for the easter slots too. Just to get my normal slot. We don't do anything for easter anyway. I guess if I don't get a slot then I will try asda online or something.

ThisConundrum Tue 02-Mar-21 00:11:59

I just logged in and the slots aren't even up yet!

TalesTheCat Tue 02-Mar-21 00:24:07

Anyone know the time they go live? It used to be midnight but I'm sure Xmas was 7am. The email just says tues morn

ThisConundrum Tue 02-Mar-21 00:35:58

Doesn't say!

GaryUnicorn Tue 02-Mar-21 00:52:34

Ocado will probably charge a tenner for delivery and £90 minimum order like they do at Christmas, robbing bastards, they never miss a trick to make money.

NotFabulousDarling Tue 02-Mar-21 00:53:29

They're creating fear of scarcity to get more people logging on so they get lots of sales.

LastTrainEast Tue 02-Mar-21 01:05:28

"They're creating fear of scarcity to get more people logging on so they get lots of sales" Except that there really is a shortage of slots and has been since the pandemic started.

MadisonAvenue Tue 02-Mar-21 06:44:28

I’ve just looked on Tesco’s Twitter to see if there was anything about the time when slots would be available and this is their standard reply to anyone asking:

Hi there, there's no set time for the slots to be released for today, customers should check our website for availability throughout the day. I hope this helps

fluffythedragonslayer Tue 02-Mar-21 06:57:53

I don't use Tesco anymore their customer service is shocking! But obviously lots do as delivery slots vv hard to come by here (or were two weeks ago when my entire order was cancelled by them with less than 24 hours notice, no other slots available for weeks, and I swore never to shop there again)

Crazydogmumma Tue 02-Mar-21 07:03:00

It’s open now (7am)- have just booked my usual Saturday slot.

Redglitter Tue 02-Mar-21 07:03:01

Just got my Easter weekend slot booked. They went live at 0700

VivaLeBeaver Tue 02-Mar-21 07:04:32

I’m currently in a virtual waiting room

Lookatthemshine Tue 02-Mar-21 07:04:51

On now - no queue at all.

Redglitter Tue 02-Mar-21 07:05:30

I literally only had to wait a minute on that before I got in so 🤞you'll be the same

NotSorry Tue 02-Mar-21 07:05:57

Thank you, just got my usual Saturday slot

Upset2021 Tue 02-Mar-21 07:06:19

They're on now, it put me in a waiting room but only for a couple of minutes and it showed lots of availability.

Trumpton Tue 02-Mar-21 07:07:34

Waiting.....the wheel of doom !

ImAncient Tue 02-Mar-21 07:10:34

Couldn’t get in on my phone but straight away on my iPad so I’ve booked my usual slot for a Thursday.

VivaLeBeaver Tue 02-Mar-21 07:10:54

Bizarre, am still in the waiting room. I’ve tried a different browser window.

Confusedandshaken Tue 02-Mar-21 07:12:05

Mumdiva99

Easter delivery slots??? Wtaf- is that for real? Surely Easter Sunday is just a Sunday?

Fortunately I don't use tesco so not an issue.

We are Catholics. For us Easter is as big a celebration as Christmas. The only difference is no presents. Otherwise the fundamentals are the same. Lots of church and then a massive dinner with as many extended family members as we can fit round the table.

Sadly it didn't pan out that way last year or this year but it won't stop it being a very special day. I'll skip on the Tesco slot though. Their CS is so crap I've switched to Waitrose.

VivaLeBeaver Tue 02-Mar-21 07:12:16

I’m in!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in