Talk

Advanced search

Looking for something fun to do with my children in half term, teenagers and 6yr old

(5 Posts)
MyLifeNow20 Thu 11-Feb-21 20:38:16

Would really like to spend some nice time together. Ive been working and 6 yr old has been at school but my 18 and 14yr old have been studying at home.
A friend I know has set up these lovely tent sleepover things which are amazing but not sure itll be worth the money with them set up in my lounge overnight. They are expensive too.
14yr old not keen on walking in the cold!
Does anyone have any suggestions how I could make just 1 day different and exciting in half term please x

OP’s posts: |
TwigTheWonderKid Thu 11-Feb-21 20:45:29

if you think they'd like the tent thing then why not do a diy job with sheets and fairy lights?

I've been looking at airbnb online experiences some of them look really fun and they're not very expensive.

Tal45 Thu 11-Feb-21 20:49:55

Tuesday is pancake day - what about getting them to make and toss pancakes and getting lots of indulgent fillings? Tomorrow is Chinese New Year - could you do something over the weekend related to that? All make a Chinese meal together and have fortune cookies (or make paper fortunes cookies and all write your own funny fortunes), have a look at websites with funny fortunes, get the 6 year old to make some paper lanterns and/or a dragons head. x

MyLifeNow20 Thu 11-Feb-21 20:55:27

ohhh what are they? Ill have to look at that! thanks

OP’s posts: |
KeyboardWorriers Thu 11-Feb-21 21:03:38

Cake/biscuit decorating competition?;

Or we have some Chinese New year crafts planned.

And I bought dd (7) a Hobbycraft playhouse kit for colouring in and I am expect her teenage sister will secretly enjoy "helping"

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in