Talk

Advanced search

Let's talk rugs!!

(6 Posts)
Backtoschool101 Thu 11-Feb-21 18:31:38

Evening all.

So I'm fed up with rugs. 4 kids at home and we rent. Wooden floors and the 0lace is so drafty and the gas fireplace has been cut off before we moved in years ago as a safety guard. They didn't tell us this until after we moved in and it didn't work. So a huge draft comes in through there too. We have two huuuuge rugs on the floor and the furniture placed over So it's like carpet but not. I hate it. Its like a Persian rug but brown and cream. We bought it because it was in the sale and a great price for the size.

However..... the kids destroy it and I'm fed up with washing it. I have a carpet cleaner but it's bloody hard work!

We have them in the dining room too as same situation re floor and they are worse! Due to food etc.

So I have seen this triexta stuff. Can you get it as a rug? Has anyone got it? Do you recommend?

Help please!!! grin

OP’s posts: |
Backtoschool101 Thu 11-Feb-21 19:37:47

No one....? I'm in rug he'll! grin

Backtoschool101 Thu 11-Feb-21 19:38:05

Hell. Doh!

CatsAndDogsAndHorses Thu 11-Feb-21 20:23:11

Watching closely, we have wooden floors, but I hate rugs and we do without... hope you get some answers!

billy1966 Thu 11-Feb-21 21:33:38

OP,
No advice about rugs but a Chimney Balloon would help the draft.

Or have you an old ball, wrap it in an old towel and shove it up the chimney to stop the draft.

Backtoschool101 Fri 12-Feb-21 00:14:50

Ooo thank you! I might try it but would have to remove it when we have inspections and the yearly gas safety check! We have 3 monthly inspections when it isn't covid times so I'm not sure if it's worth it! Our landlord is so fussy and complains about the slightest thing. He regularly gets our neighbors to check on us shock we are quite boring and just get on with things. Nothing is broken or saved and if something does need fixing we tell the landlord straight away. Estate agent is fed up with him too but we aren't in a position to move at the moment unfortunately

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in