Talk

Advanced search

Should I put a note on the back door?

(6 Posts)
dazzlinghaze Fri 22-Jan-21 21:07:17

@CatsForLife Yeah, I might do that then! Will have to resist the urge to write "ps. Whoever put the note through my door - you forgot to leave your name so that I could respond!"

@peak2021 That's how I feel! I think it's odd behaviour from a grown adult. I would understand if I had a reputation for arguing with my neighbours but I barely see any of them and when I do I always smile and say hello.

OP’s posts: |
peak2021 Fri 22-Jan-21 20:13:05

Ignore anonymous notes. Cowards who could knock on the door and ask.

CatsForLife Fri 22-Jan-21 20:04:26

It might stop their eye-rolling! Put - “council collection organised but been delayed by pandemic. It is booked in for removal. Thanks, no 14”. Or “quit the eye-rolling. It’s going soon” grin

dazzlinghaze Fri 22-Jan-21 19:43:26

@CatsForLife Oh if I can get one of the office staff at work to laminate it for me I could!

CatsForLife Fri 22-Jan-21 19:41:53

Can you put a laminated note on the kitchen?

dazzlinghaze Fri 22-Jan-21 19:40:33

Hi all, just wondering what you would do in this situation.

I live in a flat and had a new kitchen put in just before Christmas. I contacted the council's bulky waste removal department to arrange for them to pick up the old kitchen. They said they would collect it on the 29th December and told me to put it in the back court. I've got it in a corner away from any bins/gates etc so it's as out the way as it can be. The 29th came and went and they didn't collect due to the pandemic and have given me a new date but have advised they might not manage it then either but to leave it out in the court and it will be collected when possible.

Yesterday I came home to a note from a neighbour telling me to contact the property factor about my old kitchen being "dumped" in the back court. They haven't put their name on it. I'm pretty annoyed one of my neighbours has complained to the factors without even asking me first and find it snide they've put a note through without their name! I wouldn't have had an issue explaining.

I've lived in the flat for almost 3 years, I'm really quiet as I live on my own and always am polite to my neighbours when I see them so am a bit miffed about the anonymous note. I've emailed the factor explaining. Should I put a note on the back door explaining the situation to the neighbours? Or is it none of their business?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in