Talk

Advanced search

I think a new law has been passed decreeing that all new adverts must be as annoying as possible

(6 Posts)
Fiftyandmore Thu 21-Jan-21 20:15:37

I've just barely recovered from the awfulness of the recent Asda adverts. And now I have to start the recovery process all over again with that terrible Nationwide advert (I think it's for Nationwide)!

Any other nominations?

OP’s posts: |
Fourcolourpens Thu 21-Jan-21 20:17:56

The nationwide ad with the young man taking about houses building houses or some shit.. I have to mute. Something about the tone and rhythm of his voice gives me the creeps..

Fiftyandmore Thu 21-Jan-21 20:20:27

Fourcolourpens

The nationwide ad with the young man taking about houses building houses or some shit.. I have to mute. Something about the tone and rhythm of his voice gives me the creeps..

Exactly that @Fourcolourpens! It was irritating the first time I heard it, and it gets a million times more irritating with every showing.

Nomnomarrgh Thu 21-Jan-21 20:37:50

And there was I missing adverts....

WhatAreWordsWorth Thu 21-Jan-21 21:03:28

”Bum..... hips!......heart.... but how do you keep your MOUTH healthy?”

I could scream every time I hear it. I despise the Nationwide ads too, actually all of the banking ads at the moment. ”We’re here for you during these unprecedented times...”

Fiftyandmore Thu 21-Jan-21 22:50:40

Oh and that comfort ad where, for a reason I can't fathom, people are sleeping in beds outside, and a woman screams "^what is it?^.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in