Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone else experienced this? (sex related)

(12 Posts)
caringcarer Mon 18-Jan-21 23:53:41

Just before perimenopause my libido went through the roof. I could not get enough sex. Since menopause libido through the floor. DH left confused.

ProfMcGonigle Mon 18-Jan-21 23:40:45

Could you be pregnant OP?

My sex drive rocketed to an embarrassing level when I was pregnant.

mummyofthreemunchkins Mon 18-Jan-21 23:32:26

Oh my God!! People saying about dreams, I came off the depo a few years back and had a very inappropriate dream about my daughters school headmaster!! Have to say it did make school mornings a tad awkward, never could look him in the eyes after that!!! Wonder if it's related to the depo!!

ChangingStates Mon 18-Jan-21 23:18:19

My libido went up massively in just before perimenopause started and in the first chunk of it.

LindaEllen Mon 18-Jan-21 23:09:09

I was the same coming off the pill, but it settled smile

Crinkle77 Mon 18-Jan-21 23:05:58

Coming off the pill made no difference to my sex drive.

LizFlowers Mon 18-Jan-21 22:04:20

I was the same, Sfuantired, younger than you and older then you. They were phases, very intense. The important thing is not to show it to others, to appear cool at all times even if you're not :-).

I do hope you have some good dreams during this phase! I did and still remember a couple of them........

If you have a partner he will think his luck has changed.

FlibbertyGiblets Mon 18-Jan-21 21:51:50

Ovaries last fling <nods head>

Sfuandtired Mon 18-Jan-21 21:48:54

LizFlowers

It probably is because of coming off the pill, your hormone levels are adjusting. However people do go through phases of having sexually orientated thoughts and dreams, it really isn't unusual and it passes. I've experienced that at different times.

Why worry? Enjoy it.

It worries me a bit because it's quite intense and seems to have come from nowhere!

OP’s posts: |
Raera Mon 18-Jan-21 17:49:54

I'm envious!!

LizFlowers Mon 18-Jan-21 17:39:48

It probably is because of coming off the pill, your hormone levels are adjusting. However people do go through phases of having sexually orientated thoughts and dreams, it really isn't unusual and it passes. I've experienced that at different times.

Why worry? Enjoy it.

Sfuandtired Mon 18-Jan-21 17:36:29

Over the last 2 weeks my libido has gone through the roof! and I'm constantly thinking about sex, to the point where it's getting in the way of day to day life (as in I'm distracted).
I'm 43 and came of the mini pill 3 months ago after being on it for 8 years, prior to starting it I had a fairly high libido which dwindled to next to nothing whilst taking the pill, but nowhere near as high as this, I'm thinking it may be due to coming off the pill but am also getting a bit worried about it, has anyone else experienced this or similair?

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in