Talk

Advanced search

Moving to Chesham

(4 Posts)
Glittertwins Tue 19-Jan-21 17:09:09

I'm the other side of the county border in Herts.

Shellstar79 Tue 19-Jan-21 09:57:51

Thank you for your response. Do you live in or around Chesham? Are you familiar with the area? if so, it would be really great to have a chat.

OP’s posts: |
Glittertwins Mon 18-Jan-21 17:53:45

Chesham is a grammar school area so the 11 plus is taken across the county. If you are in Chesham itself and passed, there would be no issue on catchment. But if you are outside, be aware of changes. We did 11 plus and at the time / previous year, we would have got in. But the catchment area was re-jigged to be more west of Chesham and we are Herts. The catchment area was on the school website / LA website too. If you contact the school, they are pretty helpful from my experience.

Shellstar79 Mon 18-Jan-21 13:16:15

Hi there, we currently live in Ruislip and are considering moving to Chesham for a better quality of life and schools. My knowledge of the area is very limited, we are at the infancy of our research. We have an 8 year old and a 5 year old, a boy and a girl. Ideally, we would love to get them into either Dr Challoners or Chesham Grammar. I have no idea how competitive these schools are, even once you are in catchment. Do they both have the same catchment areas? Another question is what areas should we be looking at for a home given that we have our eye on these schools? Any areas to avoid as we have a young family? If anyone has any additional insight they can offer, I would be most grateful. I am feeling slightly anxious at the prospect of having to deal with multiple moving parts! Husband and I will likely have to commute to London once or twice a week. Thanks so much, in advance.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in